Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When the Sith hit the fan!

It won't take long to get all of them made from the movies. There are only 4 of them unless you go into movie versions of Vader like Medicom did (And that is not a completely displeasing thought).
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

You mean SS Vader, Dooku, Maul, and Palpatine? Depending upon Palpatine's attire, I don't think I'm interested in any of them.

Dooku and Maul were superior Hasbro sculpts (especially Dooku).

Vader is fine at Hasbro, so long as you keep the helmet on (hehe).

Palpatine needs interchangeable heads so you can make him as Supreme Chancellor. That I'm very interested in (in red from his fight with Mace's posse).

Ventress and Grievous or Durge would probably round out a Sith line though they are technically not Sith. If it expanded to EU, Exar Kun or Darth Bane are naturals. Ulic Qel Droma could go either way (as a KOTOR figure, instead).

I wonder if Tarkin, Cody, or Veers could make a Sith line if interpretted loosely? I'd rather SS not though, and put them in a different group. I'd buy Veers or Cody. I'm satisfied with my Hasbro Tarkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    You mean SS Vader, Dooku, Maul, and Palpatine? Depending upon Palpatine's attire, I don't think I'm interested in any of them.

Dooku and Maul were superior Hasbro sculpts (especially Dooku).

Palpatine needs interchangeable heads so you can make him as Supreme Chancellor. That I'm very interested in (in red from his fight with Mace's posse).

Ventress and Grievous or Durge would probably round out a Sith line though they are technically not Sith. If it expanded to EU, Exar Kun or Darth Bane are naturals. Ulic Qel Droma could go either way (as a KOTOR figure, instead).

I wonder if Tarkin, Cody, or Veers could make a Sith line if interpretted loosely? I'd rather SS not though, and put them in a different group. I'd buy Veers or Cody. I'm satisfied with my Hasbro Tarkin.
    I am pretty certain that Tarkin, Veers, Cody, et al would end up in Sideshow's "Militaries of Star Wars" line. Another line I am greatly looking forward to. I think Durge and Grievous would fit there as well.

I do agree that Hasbro has done an adequate job of a few of the figures, including the astromech droids, but I would still like to see Sideshow do them way later down the line. I think Sideshow's interpretation of an astromech would be cool. R2-D2 could have a spring loaded compartment in his dome that could launch Jedi Luke's lightsaber hilt and would have a huge selection of accessories to choose from for the exclusive accessory.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

I can't wait for the Sith line from Sideshow. Yes, Hasbro has done some competent sculpts, but they can't compare to what Sideshow will do. Just think about the level of detail, the accessories, the costumes...

This is what I'd like to see from the Sith line (and most of this will likely happen). This is also excluding the interchangeable limbs, superior sculpts, and detailed costumes.

Darth Maul: Ray Park's stud earring, macrobinoculars, detachable lightsaber hilt (to create the severed saber), probe droid, wrist probe droid comlink

Darth Tyranus: real cloak chain, Sith Lightning hands, Death Star holo-plans

Darth Sidious: "Mace Windu duel" outfit with cloak, interchangeable Palpatine head, Sith Lightning hands, Sith medkit (shown in ROTS Visual Dictionary), holographic Commander Cody

Darth Vader (ROTJ): three-piece removable helmet with old Anakin head sculpt that rivals Medicom's RAH version, "severed" hand/wrist attachment with exposed wires
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

i think the line is great and there are so many possibilities. i also realize that sideshow toys has had to get help from hot toys and medicom with some of the stuff they are doing. i am not bashing them . i am praising them actually. using the interchangeable hands. this is something new, very alsome to the collector. i think us as collectors realize skys the limit with what is coming. i like to be supprised. i know i could only dream to get every figure they put out either for starwars or the other lines they do.i have to be picky. now so far i have ordered the 3 exclusives that are coming right now. But i don't know about the next one . or some of the not so well famous characters.
    what's really funny is. when i was a kid and most of us probably though of this stuff. i always dreamed that someday a company would be making movie characters that we saw from horror to action. it's has come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cruel
    It won't take long to get all of them made from the movies. There are only 4 of them unless you go into movie versions of Vader like Medicom did (And that is not a completely displeasing thought).
    Yeah, maybe since there are different versions and costumes,they'll do different versions of the dark jedis, or make different costumes for exclusive accessories
    [FONT=Arial]"Go away i'm doing something." -Knox[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    C'mon man, how can you expect us to respect you when you say stuff like that? Seriously, take a look at the comparison pic I made and attached below, it's of 12" Medicom ROTS Vader vs 12" Hasbro ROTS Vader. You cannot seriously expect us to accept that thing anymore! It's embarassing! It looks like Darth Vader's "special needs" little brother for f***'s sake!!!

They *really* need to do Vader now. The other guys can wait for a later date, but this is one of the biggest movie icons of all time and all we have in the 12" line is a pair of woefully expensive Japanese versions and several laughably inadequate Hasbro ones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vader_compare.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	13223  
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Which Vader is which? No. I can't tell.

You sure about that? Even in the thumbnail before clicking it that the sad cape and size of Vader's head on the right side would clue you into Hasbro's failure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

If I were to guess, Hasbro's offering is on the right. Still you can try to pose it more like Mediacom(?) for the picture, but it's a representation of Vader, not an excuse to sink $50 plus more dollars into something already represented in your collection. I know - I tend to think of "place-markers" more than other people around here and (usual b*tching from me) don't yet have a young Owen and Beru and need to have the cash handy for that... 6 figures minimal (3 sets of Lars, not including 2 Clieggs if they make him). We all have our tastes... Hasbro's 14" talking Vader has been one of my favorite pieces in my collection BTW. I bought 3 of those and another in my Maul-Vader 2-pack, plus 2 ROTS Anakin-changers.