View Poll Results: Did you preorder Sideshow's 12" ROTS Obi-Wan?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I preordered the Exclusive version

78 46.43%
  • Yes, I preordered the Regular version

23 13.69%
  • Yes, I preordered both versions

12 7.14%
  • No, I'm waiting until it comes out

5 2.98%
  • No, I tried to get the Exclusive but couldn't

7 4.17%
  • No, I don't want it at all

43 25.60%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did you preorder Sideshow's 12" ROTS Obi-Wan?

Last Friday, Sideshow Collectibles revealed and put up for preorder their 3rd 12" Star Wars figure, Obi-Wan Kenobi from Revenge of the Sith, and despite some server issues the Sideshow Exclusive version - limited to 1750 pieces - sold out during the Priority Preorder period with 45 minutes left to go before it went fully public, the fastest preorder sell-out time in the line so far. With an expected delivery date months away - likely the latter part of 2nd quarter '06 - Sideshow has again proven that the anticipation and demand surrounding this new 12" Star Wars line is running hot.

Sideshow's exclusive version of ROTS Obi-Wan comes with Grievous' blaster as the exclusive extra accessory, not the most important of accessories which should be an easy pill to swallow for those who missed out on the exclusive and could only preorder the regular version. The appeal of the ROTS version of Obi-Wan may be the highest yet of this Order of the Jedi series, as fans who didn't preorder Luke or ROTS Anakin have chimed in about getting this one.
    Last edited by JediTricks; 01-09-2006 at 02:37 PM.

I pre-ordered both versions. And I am glad I did as I have decided to try to trade the exclusive version for one of the Luke Skywalker exclusive versions. I posted that in the trade section.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

I preordered both versions, I decided I want a version of most of the sideshow's to open. These are the best SW collectibles ever!!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]It's Beer!! Hooray Beer!!![/FONT]

One of the poll answers should have been - tried to order but couldn't get through Sideshow's system.

Quote Originally Posted by C5Jedi
    One of the poll answers should have been - tried to order but couldn't get through Sideshow's system.
    Ok, I've added that option as best I could, but if someone tried and failed with the exclusive, they may preorder the Regular version instead, so those people have to vote for the "Yes, Regular" option.

I myself got a preorder for the Exclusive, but I'm not buying any of the regular versions from Sideshow, I'll wait to see if any of my local comic shops get 'em.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I could care less for these. From what I've read it's a fruitless mad dash unless you're on at the right time when the moons are all aligned. It's just not worth it to me.

So, in other words, NO.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Thank you for shopping with us at SideshowCollectibles.com

I sort of regret not bothering to shoot for the exclusive version, but I did preorder the regular version. Out of the three, this has been the nicest one (I think), and I'm hoping for an Alec Guinness Obi-Wan to display along with it someday. I'll probably want to open this, and I just can't see doing that with the exclusive version, so...

(It's a bit weird having a "blaster hand" that comes with no blaster though.)
    plasticfetish.net

ordered both

I did order both versions. I will open the regular version and leave the xclusive in the box. I also did this with the Anakin.
    I missed the Luke exclusive thanks to Sideshow's terrible ordering process on that one and the website problems. Maybe the wait list will work.
    These are done very nicely. I have both of the Quarter scale figures Han and Luke and they are very very very cool. I can't wait for the 12 inch line to be in full swing. The Quarter Vader should be in my hands at the end of the month. I've been looking forward to that one for a year!

I pre-ordered the Exclusive Obi-Wan just like Luke and Anakin. I'll probably pick up the regular versions later at some point as well but considering the production numbers are pretty high on these I'll take my chances on the secondary market rather than paying full price through Sideshow.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Nah, didn't order it. I've come to despise exclusives and will not buy Sideshow product because of that.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)