Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 24: Day 5

24: Day 5

Anyone else getting excited for the premiere of the fifth season of 24? I think this season has quite a bit of potential and looks considerably different now that Jack is on the run and no longer a part of CTU. I haven't read anything concerning the cast yet but I'm interested to see who will be returning besides Chloe and President Palmer who are seen in the commercials FOX has been running.

Kudos to Fox for running the entire season from beginning to end (January through May) with no repeats. I sure wish other networks (ABC) would do this, especially with shows that have a continuous story arc.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    Anyone else getting excited for the premiere of the fifth season of 24?
    Hell yea I'm excited!!!

And we kick off Season 5 with a 2 Night, 4 Hour Premiere. That's what I'm talkin' about Willis!
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Man what a shocker is all I'm going to say, this was the best one so far to start the season off. I'll wait till the rest of you have seen it before I post thoughts on this.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

....that 1st 10 minutes, mygosh, I'm still shaking. What a season this looks to be!
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Day-um! Just great so far! I loved the opening but I wish they hadn't offed Michelle. She was good eye candy. Doesn't that kid look like Anna Paquin dressed up like a guy?

I heard Sean Astin is in it tonight and will be for other episodes. Anyone know what his role will be? "Maybe I can carry your gun for you Mr. Bauer."
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

What a beginning! I think I'll like seeing some new blood in the show. From the little bit that I saw Michelle, it looks like she was really starting to show her age. I'm glad Tony is still alive. Even with his head trauma, he should be back to normal by hour 7 or so.

I was starting to peg the Secret Service guy as a mole. Who else? I also think the guy that was with Chloe is one, too, especially after not showing concern that she wasn't there even though he knew she was on her way. Was Chloe's position mentioned? Is she just another analyst again? And why were the bad guys able to follow her (cell phone) to the refinery, buy CTU couldn't?

I'm glad 24 is back, looking forward to the other show tonight.

Oh yeah - I love Jack's love interest. I thought she was totally hot on Spin City.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

WOW what a premiere. I expected some shake ups but nothing on this level. I can't wait to see what happens next, this show's upredictability really sets it apart from the majority of the cookie cutter shows out there.

To bad Michelle was killed but I hope Tony survives as he is one of my favorite characters. One character I could do without is Edgar, that guy drives me nuts. President Logan is a complete jacka$$ too so hopefully he won't be around all season either. Mike Novak would make a much better President.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22
    And why were the bad guys able to follow her (cell phone) to the refinery, buy CTU couldn't?
    They didn't track her using her cell because she got rid of it after the initial chase. I'm thinking she must not have ditched them as she thought and they followed the cab she was in to the refinery.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

That was an excellent premiere!!! That 2 hours just flew by. It is a shame what happened to Michelle, but I was even more upset with what happened to Palmer. But they did need to make some changes/shake things up and they definitely accomplished that. Something severe needed to happen in order to bring Jack back and it did. I am glad that Tony didn't die and I hope he pulls through and recovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    One character I could do without is Edgar, that guy drives me nuts. President Logan is a complete jacka$$ too so hopefully he won't be around all season either. Mike Novak would make a much better President.
    I couldn't agree more. Edgar is really annoying but he doesn't bother me nearly as much as Logan. Yea, hopefully Logan will get shot in the face and won't be on the show much longer. I know... thats rough.

Anyways... I can't wait to see what unfolds next. Maybe Sam Wise Gam..., I mean Sean Astin, will make an appearance tonight. I am wondering what his role will be too.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Indeed, an excellent premiere. I lost track of time here at the computer though, and missed the first five minutes. I was able to pretty much figure out what was going on pretty quickly, though. I think most of what I missed was shown in the "previously on 24" clips at the beginning of hour 2.

I better sign off now so I don't miss the start of hour 3.

That was some excellent stuff - both nights. So far the "Jackism" of this year has been "Kid, the only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry you." Awwww YEAH!!!!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008