Hybrid View

Whatever happened to Melanie?

Seriously.

"Lay Down (Candles in the Rain)" kicked all sorts of shizzle. And that was something like forty years ago.

So is she working in a nail salon and married to a garbage man in Hoboken now? Where's the comeback? If that plastic hack-job Cher can do it, why not Melanie?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Nope. She still tours and records. My friend Jim is a devout Melanie worshipper and goes to her show when she comes around. She tours with her son, who is also a musician in his own right.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

That's good to know, especially after seeing one of the members of the Sugarhill Gang (read: one of the guys who invented rap music) is a trashman in Brooklyn.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Wasnt she banned? Oh wait, that was Melanie Cat....
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Wasnt she banned? Oh wait, that was Melanie Cat....
    That's the first thing I thought of when I read the title too.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    That's the first thing I thought of when I read the title too.
    I thought about sweet Meh-heh-heh-helanie, you know, the one who was asked "what can the problem be?" and "why won't you go out with me?" Wonder if her cat still has that mowhawk...

Or, I thought that those two Spice Girls weren't washed up after all.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."