Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Feast upon the visage of LEGO Batman sets!

http://www.action-figure.com/index.p...icle&sid=18814

These seem to be recycling some vehicles from other system sets, but adding a Batman touch so I'm not unhappy with that. My 1 real complaint is that they're using wings for the bat-vehicles which are just too large. There are some really cool-looking touches in these though, so I look forward to April.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I see what you mean about reusing Town vehicles. That hovercraft looks like the one from Hovercraft Hideout.

The Batmobile looks pretty good. I see some design influences borrowed from the Ferrari sports car sets. Those batwings look like they came from the old Fright Knights Castle theme.

I'm actually not that interested in the superhero sets. I have one Spider-Man set, Doc Ock's Hideout, that I got for ten bucks.

I would like to see what the Spongebob sets look like though. Bein' a landlocked landlubber I like beach/ocean sets.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

This will probably be the only time in history that Killer Croc can be described as "cute."

I kinda like these. I especially like that they appear to be based on the look from Batman:TAS and its spin-offs.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yeah, I recognized the Hovercraft Hideout one immediately (I got that set on clearance from WM last year). And Two-Face's armored car reminds me of last year's Prisoner Transport: http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7245

BTW, I forgot to mention, but the bad guys here have modern handguns and weaponry! Killer Croc has a pistol and a tommygun, as does Two-Face's goon.

And I love that 2-face comes with his "coin" and the sticker on the armored car his the LEGO version of his coin.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I like the sets, for years I have been wondering why Lego never jumped on the idea of making Batman into Lego. At Toy Fair a few years back I met with the Lego rep and designer and showed some of my ideas to them. One was for a Justice League line featuring Superman and Batman and even Wonder Woman with her invisible jet.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Lego already made an invisible jet. It was a b**ch to put together and I cant find where I put it
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Playing the Catskills again, eh KH?

I think part of the reason is that up until recently, LEGO was very opposed to doing "realistic violence" toys, and probably still are. Another reason they didn't do it till now: Art Asylum had the building brick license for their C3 line.

These look pretty sweet. I like how LEGO is taking on more and more movie based lines.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I think anybody who said they liked these needs their head examined. I have very mixed feelings about this line. I like Batman and I liked the animated series (which these look like their based on). But I really don't like the way Lego is going. The whole line seems fly in the face of what Lego had said about their toys years ago. Maybe I'm living past or maybe I just see this as the continuing decline of a once great toy.

I'm surprised no one a mentioned this yet, I think the stuff all looks CAD. The old elements, the bricks, just don't like real to me. I'm sure the real toys will be the same, but these aren't it.

Another thing that bothers me it's looks like the worst parts of the animated series have been mated with gay Val Kilmer/George Clooney Batman.

EDIT:

Hey I just spotted this over on Brickshelf. It's mostly the same, but shows the Batwing and Batcave sets. Those two look real to me.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Hey I just spotted this over on Brickshelf. It's mostly the same, but shows the Batwing and Batcave sets. Those two look real to me.
    The Batcave even has bats hanging from the ceiling. Could be something else, but it looks like there are four penquins on that plate with the other mini-figs on the right. What is that vehicle on the landing pad there in the center? That looks like a Batwing.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)