Thread: your expertise?

your expertise?

my son has this toy, but i noticed a mistake on the box. have you seen this mistake? what is the value of something like this?

LINK: i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/silveriodine/IMG_1233.jpg

the label says leia and wickett the ewok, but it's han solo in the package.

It appears to be a factory error. A line worker simply placed the wrong sticker on there. As for value, I'll say it over and over again, it depends on who wants it. There are people that'll pay you a decent amount of money for it (I can think of several on this site alone) but me I would have probably picked over that one had I seen it on the shelves because it is an error and I want mine to be correct. I've done it several times before.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Slicker pretty much gave the word. Its worth a lot and a little. I would have passed on it in stores but some people collect ONLY errors and this would be right up their alley.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Another problem with sticker errors/variations is that it's not that hard to lift a sticker off 1 package and put it on another, so even when yours is authentic the possibility of others faking this same error is so high that the aftermarket value of the variance is generally nullified.

Value is probably about $5 to $15.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I say open it, play with it and enjoy it. Afterall while some of us do collect the figures, me included, alot of us get away from the real reason that the figures are made for, to play with.
    True you may find someone who is willing to shell out big bucks for a sticker variation, however the Leia Collection was a peg warmer when it first came out and is still at some local hobby/comic shops today. If fact yesterday while shopping in the Freehold Mall I came across a store that was selling a two pack of POTF figures for under $5.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Those error were all over the place back in the day. Looks like someone just needed a starting bid for e-bay.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    Those error were all over the place back in the day. Looks like someone just needed a starting bid for e-bay.
    LOL! I actually sold mine on ebay for $1. . . which happened to be the starting bid! Those were everywhere. I worked at a TRU at the time, and the Han & Leia labeled as Wicket were pretty common. I never saw many of the other Leia Collections mislabeled. . . but that particular one was abundant!

Nice converstaion piece. . . but not worth much unfortunately.
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion