Hybrid View

Any Arctic Monkeys fans here ? . . . . .

No! well let me enlighten you

http://www.dominorecordco.com/site/d...rctic_Monkeys/

their the next big thing on this side of the pond and I'm curious to see what you yanks think.

If you would like to know more about the band check out the fansite

http://mardy-bum.com/?page=music

you can download practically every song they've done so far (well demo versions anyway)

Check em out you wont be disappointed

Evidently not judging by the complete lack of feedback

I think I heard them last night on the Music Choice Alternative digital music channel on my cable TV. It sounded pretty good if I recall correctly. I don't remember the song at the moment. I'll have to check them out some more.

posty333 I think I heard them last night on the Music Choice Alternative digital music channel on my cable TV. It sounded pretty good if I recall correctly. I don't remember the song at the moment. I'll have to check them out some more.

would probably either be " I bet you look good on the dancefloor" , "when the sun goes down" or the brilliant "fake tales of San Fransisco" a song aimed at British bands who refuse to sing in their own accents instead effecting a fake American one.

Here's an excerpt of the lyrics
    --------------------------------------------------------
    He talks of San Francisco, he's from Hunter's Bar
    I don't quite know the distance
    But I'm sure that's far
    Yeah I'm sure that's pretty far

And yeah, I'd love to tell you all my problem
    You're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham
    So get off the bandwagon, and put down the handbook
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    and being a band that practices what it preaches this is all sung in a thick Sheffield accent.

The new Artic Monkeys album came out in England yesterday and was the fastest selling album of all time. It must be pretty good.

It comes out in the US on Feb 21st but you can get it now on this link; cd-wow.us/?affid=15479 for $14 with free shipping.

and it seems to be $2 or $3 cheaper than the official site.

You can listen to a few songs on the Arctic Monkey section on MySpace.com. They sound really good. There's actually a video clip there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz

would probably either be " I bet you look good on the dancefloor" , "when the sun goes down" or the brilliant "fake tales of San Fransisco" a song aimed at British bands who refuse to sing in their own accents instead effecting a fake American one.
    I checked out those three songs online and wasn't sure if I recognized them. Maybe the Dance Floor one, as it was my favorite of the three. Then tonight, I heard them on Music Choice again and the song was called "Dancing Shoes", so that may have been the one I heard before. It was pretty good. The vocals reminded me a bit of early Beatles, but performing music more like the early Kinks.

aren't they the ones that wouldn't let Bowie sit in the front row when he tried to catch them live?