Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Official Rob Liefeld Un-Appreciation Thread!!

Rob Liefeld. Wow. Where to begin bashing this freak of nature? His terrible, overrated artwork that shows no knowledge of human anatomy, or his embarassingly bad Levis commercial that singlehandedly destroyed Spike Lee's career?

Or his leaving Marvel for more creative freedom on a book that turned out to be the X-Men with different names?

Howsabout his being kicked out of the company he started and owned the name to because he couldn't meet (incredibly lax) deadlines?

Man, bashing Liefeld is an art.

I had a bit of a laugh at Comic Con last year, when I saw him sitting at the Extreme booth, hidden somewhere between the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund and a guy selling old trading cards. No one was in line, and the dude was twiddling his thumbs, desperately in need of someone to talk to. This was a sharp contrast to 15 years back, when he inexplicably was Wizard's #1 Popular Artist every month for like a year or two.

They really need a reality show where people repeatedly kick him in his groin under different circumstances.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

And don't forget: He looks like some evil spawn of Matt Damon and Axl Rose. That might be his worst offense to mankind.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I ahted him when he started at Marvel. What series was that? New Mutants? All the faces he drew looked like sphincters! And the guns he drew were so gi-normous! The only thing that I can think of that I like(d) that could be credited to him was Cable.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Everytime I hear his name, I think of an issue of X-Force where Shatterstar's leg disappeared mid panel, as Rob forgot to finish it.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    They really need a reality show where people repeatedly kick him in his groin under different circumstances.
    didn't you steal this idea from someone else?
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Wink now that's a name i've not heard in a long. . .

i always confused him w/todd macfarlane

Here's the easy way to keep it clear:

Liefeld: A jerk kid whose second grade art teacher said could draw to save his feelings one day in class. Somehow, likely through a combination of sleeping with Barbara Bush and a deal with Lucifer, he got a high profile job at Marvel despite the fact that he really wasn't very good. He took credit for creating X-Force (though all he did was change the name of an existing team) and left Marvel to start his own company. He was fired about two years later because he couldn't meet "Image deadlines", which up to that point seemed an oxymoron. Went back to Marvel, was fired again, and now lives in a gutter somewhere and sells his body for crack.

McFarlane: An excellent artist with a strange penchant for putting people into anatomically incorrect positions. He went with Liefeld to Image to publish Spawn, a character he said he'd created many years earlier but who resembled several Marvel characters combined into one. Following Spawn's rampant success, a movie came out with a sequel supposedly going into production immediately but that never materialized. There was also an animated series that ended abruptly when McFarlane went nuts (see below). McFarlane began producing action figures, putting more of his time into that than into Spawn. First he left as the artist, then as the writer. He became obsessed with expensive baseballs, even sending the ones he'd bought on tour. When last he was seen, wearing Kleenex boxes on his feet and flinging excrement at reporters, he was reportedly living in a cave, fondling his baseball and hatching plans for world domination.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Sorry to dredge this up, since anything that reminds us of the continued existence of Rob Liefeld is a bad thing, but I just read that Liefeld was returning to Image to release new Youngblood comics.

Words fail me.

Truly, they do.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

and thats, what... the 1,268,943rd sign of the apocalypse, right?

how many signs of the apocalypse are there supposed to be, anyway?
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn View Post
    and thats, what... the 1,268,943rd sign of the apocalypse, right?

how many signs of the apocalypse are there supposed to be, anyway?
    1,268,947 signs of the apocalypse.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!