Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

arise Barada, I dub thee Pegwarmer of the wave!

Even at 1 per case, this Carkoon wave's Barada figure (the only repaint-only if you count Chewie's chain as part of the figure since it's around his neck) is the Carkoon wave's only true pegwarmer in my area. Target stores nearly always have 3 or 4 of him, and maybe 1 or 2 of Bib Fortuna but Bib ships like 2 per case so Barada is actually twice the pegwarmer in that regard. I guess it's understandable, who really wants to spend $7 on a repainted POTF2 figure with minimal accessories? But I applaud Hasbro for recognizing his limited appeal and making him 1 per case, if you gotta put out weak figures like this at least make them a little more rare to counter their lesser appeal.

EDIT: just checked EE's case assortments, Barada is now shipping in a Wave 1 Revision 1 case where he's 2 per case, but he's not scheduled to ship in any future waves' cases so far.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yea, I've been noticing this as well, along with Bib keeping the pegs warm with Barada.....Not sure which will be the one for Hoth wave, although I could believe that Vader would.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

From what I've seen so far, Han Solo (Carbonite) is the closest thing to a pegwarmer around my area.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Bib warms the pegs here the most, with Han a close second.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Bib Fortuna is definitely THE pegwarmer of '06. He's getting to be as bad as the Neimoidian Warrior.

Yep, Bib with Barada a close second around here. As far as the Hoth wave, funny it seems that Vader and R2 are always gone first.

These havent turned up in my area yet so I cant judge. My area always seems to be the last to get started on these things. They either get them in limited supply or dont get them at all. I check everyday so I should know.

I'm surprised to hear Barada is outselling Bib and Han in some areas.

Vaders nearly always sell, kids love 'em, casual collectors love 'em, and variation collectors usually cave on 'em too. I expect that character will rarely pegwarm for too long unless it's a case asst with 3 or 4 after months of seeing the same figure in many other case assts (like ROTS's last gasp).

I would guess Rieekan will be the pegwarmer of the Hoth wave, but we'll see.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I would guess Reeikin for the Hoth wave too...it's a repaint with one wrong detail compared to the Ultra release...a black buckle instead of silver...and he actually sat around the pegs as an ultra figure too. It is kinda funny that the "radar" screen" from the ultra set is MIA as an accessory but it's the cardback picture on the new saga release....

I was under the impression that Rieekan was going to be short packed.....we'll see.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!