Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Legal

Re: Desperate Housewives/Boston Legal

Good episodes of both shows on Sunday.

To recap on Boston Legal...

- Alan Shore was arrested for starting a bar fight. He and Tara were called in and lectured by Paul Lewiston. During the talk Paul blew his top! "Stop it! I've had it!!" Paul later goes to Schmidt seeking council on how/wether or not to fire Alan Shore.

- Schmidt and Denny Crane take on a tough case regarding a ban on red meat. Schmidt does most of the work with Denny bantering on the side. As it seems they are going to loose -Schmidt takes Denny's advice and they end up winning. "Mansy Pansy!"
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Denny.... Denny.... Dennnny.... Craig!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Craig?

Alan Shore this last week was on FIRE, that ep was on fire whenever Spader was on screen as the character, from the beginning when he hired others to do his fighting to the end with his sincere self-exposition on his cowardly demeanour, I coudn't get enough - I wanted to see how he and Brad were going to scrap but it would have been too silly even for this show. I didn't think the Crane & Schmidt really was as good though, Shatner was great in the role but the addition of Candice Bergen it's undermined Denny as a character and become too much of the Shirley Schmidt Soapbox.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah JT, I kinda wanted to see how Brad and Alan were going to duke it out. But I'd have my money on Brad. Wasnt a whole lot of Laurie in this episode but with a big cast -you have to give and take.

Crane...oops. As Shaq said regarding his free throws: "My scoring ability, my dunking ability, my rapping ability.... I can't do it all."
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    Yeah JT, I kinda wanted to see how Brad and Alan were going to duke it out. But I'd have my money on Brad. Wasnt a whole lot of Laurie in this episode but with a big cast -you have to give and take.
    I dunno, Alan seems like he'd cheat to win and Brad wouldn't.

Laurie can go out the window with Sally for all I care, she's not interesting to me despite the writing trying to suggest she's got more depth behind that bleached hair.

Shaq forgot to mention "acting"... probably for a good reason.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Another great episode tonight! God I love this show! I've really enjoyed Freddy Prinze Jr's appearences on the show. He seems like hes having a blast. But Denny sure beat him bad in court I'll tell ya. I was maybe thinking there would be a twist and Donny would beat him. Wrong!

I liked Alan Shore and Schmidt teaming up.

Did anybody else thing Alan was a little too abbrasive with Bernie? Just getting oppinions.

I don't think Alan was too abrasive with Bernie. In fact, I looked at my wife and said "For once, I actually agree with him." What he said was true. Painfully true, maybe, but true. Bernie put blood on his hand that'll never go away and betrayed Alan by committing another murder after Alan got him acquitted of the first one. Plus, in his own warped way, Alan cares about Katherine and doesn't want to see her harmed in any way.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Schmidt needs to get it together and whup someone on her own, she always needs Denny or Alan to save her caboose.

Dag, that was the heaviest episode of any show that I can remember. BL is always clever and funny (especially when Tara was asked if Denny objectifies her and she responded: every man objectifies me), but the other story line was a very effective indictment of the Texas criminal system. All I can say is wow, and anyone isn't watching this show, they should start.