Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nute Gunray

Nute Gunray

I thought he was it.Thats what they said at force.net.but all the things i read about ep2 didn't mention his name at all.Whats his role?
    Insert sig line of your choosing here.

He is in the arena scene and seats next to Count Dooku,nothing major I believe
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Nute Gunray is the motive behind the assassination attempts on Senator Padme Amidala - both the ship explosion at the beginning and Zam Wesell are his plans.

Then we see him again on Geonosis, demanding Padme's suffering, yet ironically, we last see him suffering as Jango ignites him with his flamethrower. Since Dooku and Jango abandon him, and since Neimoidians are physically slow and weak by nature, we'll probably assume that he burns to death...until the EU says otherwise.

Edit: You can check out the "Prelude to Love and War" thread to see one of his lines, his only, perhaps...

so jango kills him at the arena.
    Insert sig line of your choosing here.

Why does Jango kill him? Aren't they sort of on the same side?

I believe Jango was aiming for Mace, but he jumped out of the way and poor Nute just happened to be behind him.

Jango lets loose the flame thrower on Mace who jumps backwards and out of Poggle, Dooku, and Nute's box seat landing in the arena. Mace's cloak catches fire (he disposes of it when he lands), but Nute (who was standing behind Mace when Jango let loose the his fiery assault) had his garments caught aflame as well when the Jedi leapt out of the way. I don't know if he is burned to death, or just left looking a bit crispy. The last pic of him I saw he seemed to be hunched over (garments ablaze) and seeking relief with none in sight.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Jango just has to kill everything doest he? First Zam now old Nute
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Excellent. (though I already knew Nute is going to bite it in the movie)

He was such an annoying git in the TPM. If anybody is going to die in the film and make me happy (besides Jar Jar), its him.

I hope the weasel (Nute Gunray) does become a crispy creature...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.