Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ROTJ DVD Lucas goof

I know many of you like the change in ROTJ to have Hayden show up as a the ghost-Anakin at the end (seeing my personal pic, you can tell what I think ). However, Lucas goofed when he did this scene. I just noticed it today while watching ROTJ (its been an OT DVD weekend for me, watched the whole trilogy). Most of us (mostly likely all of us) know what outfits Anakin wore during the prequels. Well, look at him as a ghost in ROTJ again, because he isn't wearing anything that he wore in those prequels (aside from the robe). In the ROTJ ghost scene, he has a brown robe, long light tan tabards, long light tan tunic, light tan pants, and brown under shirt. Basically he has the same outfit as Obi-Wan in the OT.

Now remember, the arguement to have Hayden play the part is because this is the last "look" or "version" of Anakin before he turned to the darkside (because some people think thats the only way you would look when giving in to the force and becoming a "ghost"). However, its still not correct, as we all know that Anakin's look before turning to the darkside was in a dark brown robe, regular sized dark brown leather tabards, regular sized dark brown tunic, brown pants, and black under shirt. Good job Lucas, you screwed up that change too.

And to debunk any arguements that it was a previous outfit he wore, look again. Anakin never wore an outfit, such as he did as a ghost in ROTJ, in the prequels, ever. So like I said, Lucas goofed on his own change to the OT.

Maybe the outfit he wore in the prequels was his "bad boy" outfit, the rebel Jedi, and then when he reached the otherside, or spirit life, he was given his new set of proper Jedi robes, no?
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    Maybe the outfit he wore in the prequels was his "bad boy" outfit, the rebel Jedi, and then when he reached the otherside, or spirit life, he was given his new set of proper Jedi robes, no?
    Eh, I don't buy that. If you can change outfits simply because of becoming a spirit, then you should also be able to keep your "look" at the time you become a spirit; aka, Anakin as a spirit should then be the one we saw in the non-SE ROTJ (Sabastian Shaw).

Here's pics to point out the goof:

Hayden as Anakin in ROTS pre-darkside
    http://specialed.no-ip.com/ROTS-haydenanakin.jpg

Hayden as Anakin in ROTJ DVD half shot
    http://specialed.no-ip.com/ROTJ-hayd...20halfshot.jpg

Hayden as Anakin in ROTJ DVD full shot
    http://specialed.no-ip.com/ROTJ-hayd...20fullshot.jpg

Lucas should have replaced Alec Guinness with Ewan McGregor and the travesty would have been complete.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    Lucas should have replaced Alec Guinness with Ewan McGregor and the travesty would have been complete.
    Not quite. They could replace Yoda's OT puppet with Episode I's puppet.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

It's not like we saw all the characters every second and every moment of their lives. They could have worn other things. However the edit should have never been done.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Yeah, the robes are way off, they basically just took what Sebastian Shaw was wearing in the scene and gave it to Hayden. While ROTJ can rightfully get away with that because it was made before the prequels and had to assume that Obi-Wan's garb was the norm, the new edit does not enjoy that privilege because it had the Ep 1 and Ep 2 costumes even if development on Ani's Ep 3 costume and makeup weren't complete.

Below is something I said to a buddy in an email discussion about the young Ani ROTJ edit in general:
    The prequels were not enough to convince me that Sebastian Shaw under the helmet throwing the Emperor over the railing to save his son at risk to his own life wasn't truly the light side Anakin. He wasn't a zombie, he spoke of the good within him actually being there with his son, he wanted to see his son with his own eyes, that was the last living moments of the good Anakin Skywalker.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    A buddy of mine has actually said he'd like Ewan to be put in for Guinness' part.

He should have put Charles Barkley in there too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thatscoldobiwan.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	13312  
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

JT, I think I heard somewhere that they merely superimposed Hayden's head over Sebastian's, and the rest of the body is still Sebastian's, which explains the wrong robes.
    Tommy, close your eyes.