Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Star Wars 3" Titanium Series VARIATION List

Update time!

Here's the definitive list of the 3" Titaniums as of 1/22/06- minus the obvious Date Stamps from the Galoob Line and such I am also making this list for those that are curious about the ships as compared to the old Die-Cast line.

This list covers Wal-Mart Exclusives Waves 1-4, the first 4 5-packs, and MASS RETAIL Edition Waves 1-5 (5 has yet to be released).

If I miss anything, let me know This will be ordered for the Titanium Series in their respective wave- the Galoob counterparts (if any) will be mentioned

Just for reference's sake I don't own some of the new ships so I don't have all of the variant specifics yet (namely the 3rd 5-pack with the Raw Metal Falcon) but I have seen pics of some and know the repaints/variants.

A word about the Titanium Series painted logos...

So far I have seen pics of one on a Republic Assault Cruiser and that's it. I have read enough reports of them being on the White TIE Fighter that I believe them, too. I do not know where they would be on a Speeder Bike, Clone Turbo Tank, Death Star or on Jango Fett's Slave 1. Until such time these variations are confirmed they will NOT be listed!

The paint lines at the end of the variations refer to the words "Star Wars" on the stands- either Rainbow Silver, Silver or None.

LEGEND:

Wave X WM EXCL Edition= Wal-Mart Exclusive release packaging with STAR WARS being prominent. There were 4 waves- the last Wal-Mart wave with the Wookie Flyer, Green Jedi Star Fighter, Naboo Royal Starship and Battle-Ravaged Millennium Falcon was NOT widely released in the United States but it was released overseas (Hong Kong, Singapore, English-Only packaging) and in Canada (with Tri-Lingual packaging)

Wave X MASS RETAIL EDITION= Mass Retail release with the brand TITANIUM SERIES being prominent and Star Wars being secondary. The bubble packaging is larger and the ships can be found anywhere. To date, 4 Waves have been released (with Wave 5 coming in February/March 2006).

THIS LIST IS NOW IN ORDER OF RELEASE AND WAVE!

To make things easier on everyone, here is a list of the Waves the Titanium Series Ships first appeared in for the modern release and when they were released (roughly). The numbers correspond with the variations below, and the numbers "**." indicate that the ship mentioned was either released in a previous Wave or is a repaint of another ship from another wave.

WAL-MART WAVE 1 (2004, Winter- Wal-Mart Exclusive Packaging- 4 ships)

1. X-Wing Fighter
    2. TIE Fighter
    3. Millennium Falcon
    4. Slave 1

STAR WARS CELEBRATION III / HASBRO EXCLUSIVE (May, 2005- 1 ship)

5. Gold X-Wing Fighter

WAL-MART WAVE 2 (2005, Spring- Wal-Mart Exclusive Packaging- 8 ships)

6. Jedi Starfighter (ROTS)
    7. Republic Gunship (AOTC, ROTS)
    8. Droid Tri-Fighter
    9. AT-RT
    10. A-Wing Fighter
    11. Snowspeeder
    12. Star Destroyer
    13. Y-Wing

WAL-MART WAVE 3 (2005, Fall- Wal-Mart Exclusive Packaging- 5 ships)

14. Naboo Starfighter
    15. ARC-170
    16. Swamp Speeder
    17. TIE Bomber
    18. Landspeeder

WAL-MART WAVE 4 (2005, Winter- Wal-Mart Exclusive Packaging- 4 ships- NOT WIDELY RELEASED- Never in the U.S.)

**. Battle-Ravaged Millennium Falcon
    **. Green ROTS-Style Jedi Starfighter
    19. Wookie Flyer
    20. Naboo Royal Starship

MASS RETAIL WAVE 1 (2006, January- EVERYWHERE- RETAIL Packaging 4 Ships)

**. WHITE TIE Fighter
    21. Republic Attack Cruiser
    22. Clone Turbo Tank
    23. Speeder Bike

MASS RETAIL WAVE 2 (2006, January- EVERYWHERE- RETAIL Packaging 7 Ships)

**. Republic Attack Cruiser
    **. Clone Turbo Tank
    **. Speeder Bike
    **. WHITE TIE Fighter
    **. Jango Fett's Slave 1
    24. Death Star
    25. Vulture Droid (Droid Fighter)

MASS RETAIL WAVE 3 (2006, January- EVERYWHERE- RETAIL Packaging 6 Ships)

**. WHITE TIE Fighter
    **. Vulture Droid (Droid Fighter)
    **. Republic Gunship (Clone Wars Decoration- Limited)
    26. Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
    27. Imperial Shuttle
    28. AT-AT

MASS RETAIL WAVE 4 (2006, February- EVERYWHERE- RETAIL Packaging 8 Ships)

**. Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
    **. Imperial Shuttle
    **. AT-AT
    **. Wookie Flyer
    **. Naboo Royal Starship
    **. Green ROTS-Style Jedi Starfighter

MASS RETAIL WAVE 5 (2006, February/March- EVERYWHERE- RETAIL Packaging 7 Ships)

**. Naboo Royal Starship
    **. Blue ROTS-Style Jedi Starfighter
    **. Limited "Raw Metal" Slave 1
    29. Sith Infiltrator
    30. AAT Droid Tank (Trade Federation Tank)

WAL-MART EXCLUSIVE 5-PACK NUMBER 1 (2005- Spring)

-Red Obi-Wan Kenobi's ROTS Jedi Starfighter
    -Yellow Anakin Skywalker's ROTS Jedi Starfighter
    -Green Republic Gunship
    -Droid Tri-Fighter
    -"Raw Metal" (All Silver) AT-RT

WAL-MART EXCLUSIVE 5-PACK NUMBER 2 (2005- Summer)

-Slave 1 (Darker Canopy)
    -X-Wing Fighter (Red 3)
    -Blue ARC-170
    -Green Swampspeeder
    -"Raw Metal" (All Silver) TIE Bomber

WAL-MART EXCLUSIVE (???) 5-PACK NUMBER 3 (2006-January)

-TIE Fighter
    -Landspeeder
    -X-Wing Fighter (Yellow Stripe)
    -Y-Wing Fighter (Red)
    -"Raw Metal" (All Silver) Millennium Falcon

MASS RETAIL 5-PACK NUMBER 1 (2006-??? - 5-PACK NUMBER 4 TOTAL)

-Star Destroyer
    -Death Star
    -Imperial Shuttle
    -Darth Vader's TIE Fighter (Battle Damaged)
    -"Raw Metal" (All Silver) AT-AT

(1) X-Wing Fighter

-Galoob DIE-CAST has lighter paint colors and Red 5 Markings- Blue Stand Silver Paint

-JC Penney Version is plastic.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 1 WM EXCL Edition has Red 5 Markings- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 2 WM EXCL Edition has Red 3 Markings- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 3 WM EXCL (?) Edition has Red 5 Markings, Blue on R2-D2's dome and a Yellow Stripe down the front- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(2) TIE Fighter

-Galoob DIE-CAST one has lighter paint- esp. on Windows- Blue Stand Silver Paint

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 1 WM EXCL Edition has darker paint and a different color on the windows than the Galoob edition- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 3 WM EXCL (?) Edition has no difference (?) from Titanium Wave 1 (?)

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 1 MASS RETAIL Edition has White paint on it with Black paint around the cockpit. Ship has small painted "Titanium Series" logo on bottom of ship. This logo can be seen on the interior of the ship's "solar panels" when the ship is inside the package! Date Stamps= Unknown

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 2 MASS RETAIL Edition has White paint on it with Black paint around the cockpit. Does not have Titanium Series painted stamp. Date Stamps= Unknown

(3) Millenium Falcon

-Galoob DIE-CAST one has lighter paint- Blue Stand Silver Paint

-JC Penney one is plastic and does not have a rotatable radar dish.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 1 WM EXCL Edition has darker paint- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 4 WM EXCL Edition is "Battle-Ravaged" with "damaged" paint. Old-style WM EXCL Packaging

-Titanium 5-Pack 3 WM EXCL (?) Edition is "Raw Metal" Silver

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 4 MASS RETAIL Edition is "Battle-Ravaged" with "damaged" paint. New-style TITANIUM SERIES Packaging.

(4) Slave 1 (Fett's and Jango's)

-Galoob one has Clear Window and lighter paint- Blue Stand NO Paint

-JC Penney one is plastic with Black painted window.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 1 WM EXCL Edition has Clear Window- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 2 WM EXCL Edition has DARK Tinted Window (distinctly different)- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 2 MASS RETAIL Edition has Jango Fett's Slave 1 coloration and a Dark Red translucent canopy.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 5 MASS RETAIL Edition is "Raw Metal" Silver. FIRST RAW SILVER SHIP OUTSIDE OF A 5-PACK!

(5) Gold Leader (SPECIAL EDITION X-WING SHIP)

-Bagged Special Edition from Indianapolis Celebration III Convention with Gold Paint, Celebration III markings (Indianapolis 2005) Clear Lasers and Clear Landing Gear.

-??? Rumored version without Celebration III Markings

(6) Revenge of the Sith Style Jedi Starfighter (Yellow, Red, Green and Blue TO DATE)

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 2 WM EXCL Edition Anakin YELLOW has Clear Window and Black Laser Cannons- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 1 WM EXCL Edition Anakin YELLOW has DARK Tinted Window and Brown Laser Cannons (distinctly different)- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 1 WM EXCL Edition Obi-Wan RED, Clear Canopy and Black Guns- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 4 WM EXCL Edition Anakin GREEN has Clear Window and Gray Laser Cannons- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 5 MASS RETAIL Edition Obi-Wan BLUE Clear Canopy and Gray Laser Cannons- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(7) Republic Gunship

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 2 WM EXCL Edition has Red Paint- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 1 WM EXCL Edition has Green Paint- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 3 MASS RETAIL Edition has Clone Wars Cartoon Chapter 21 Decoration (Mouth), Gray and Bright Red/Orange. FIRST LIMITED EDITION SHIP- has Foil Titanium Series Logo!

(8) Droid Tri-Fighter

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 2 WM EXCL Edition is identical to 5-Pack- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 1 WM EXCL Edition is identical to Single Pack- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(9) AT-RT

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 2 WM EXCL Edition is Color Painted

-Titanium 5-Pack 1 WM EXCL Edition is "Raw Metal" Silver

(10) A-Wing Fighter

-Galoob DIE-CAST one has light Red paint- Blue Stand NO Paint

-JC Penney one is plastic

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 2 WM EXCL Edition has darker Red paint- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(11) Snowspeeder

-Galoob DIE-CAST one has lighter paint- Blue Stand NO Paint

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 2 WM EXCL Edition- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(12) Star Destroyer

-Galoob DIE-CAST one has lighter paint- Blue Stand Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 4 MASS RETAIL Edition has no difference from Titanium Wave 2 (?)

(13) Y-Wing

-Galoob DIE-CAST one has light paint- Blue Stand NO Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 3 WM EXCL (?) Edition has Red paint markings

(14) Naboo Starfighter

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 3 WM EXCL Edition is Yellow. No Variations yet

(15) ARC-170

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 3 WM EXCL Edition has Red Paint- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 1 WM EXCL Edition has Blue Paint- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(16) Swamp Speeder

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 3 WM EXCL Edition has Red Paint- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 2 WM EXCL Edition has Green Paint- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(17) TIE Bomber

-Galoob DIE-CAST one has light paint- Blue Stand NO Paint

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 3 WM EXCL Edition has Clear Window- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 2 WM EXCL Edition is "Raw Metal" Silver- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(18) Landspeeder

-Galoob DIE-CAST one has light paint- NO Stand

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 3 WM EXCL Edition- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 3 WM EXCL (?) Edition has no difference (?) from Titanium Wave 3 (?)

(19) Wookie Flyer (Helicopter)

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 4 WM EXCL Edition is Brown with white blades. Old-style WM EXCL Packaging.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 4 MASS RETAIL Edition is Brown with white blades. New-style TITANIUM SERIES Packaging.

(20) Naboo Royal Starship

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 4 WM EXCL Edition is Silver. Old-style WM EXCL Packaging.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 4 MASS RETAIL Edition is Silver. New-style TITANIUM SERIES Packaging.

(21) Republic Attack Cruiser (aka Venerator class)

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 1 MASS RETAIL Edition has small painted "Titanium Series" logo on bottom of ship. This logo cannot be seen when the ship is inside the package! Date Stamps= Unknown

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 2 MASS RETAIL Edition does not have this stamp. Date Stamps= Unknown

(22) Clone Turbo Tank

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 1 MASS RETAIL Edition has Red paint highlights.

(23) Speeder Bike

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 1 MASS RETAIL Edition has Biker Scout (Scout Trooper) in seated on it.

(24) Death Star

-Galoob DIE-CAST one has lighter paint, less paint detail, and no black painted equator line.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 2 MASS RETAIL Edition has good paint detail and a black equator line painted on the upper hemisphere.

-Titanium 5-Pack 4 MASS RETAIL Edition has no difference from Titanium Wave 2 (?)

(25) Droid Fighter (Trade Federation and Vulture Droid)

-Galoob DIE-CAST one is Brown with Black Eyes and Trade Federation markings.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 3 MASS RETAIL Edition has Green Eyes and Confederation markings

(26) Darth Vader's TIE Fighter

-JC Penney one is light gray, small and plastic

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 3 MASS RETAIL Edition is dark blue/gray, larger than the JC Penney Version and has an opening cockpit. Canopy is DARK translucent Gray plastic.

-Titanium 5-Pack 4 MASS RETAIL Edition has "Battle-Damage"

(27) Imperial Shuttle (Tyderium)

-JC Penney one is smaller, gray and plastic. Wings are stationary.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 3 MASS RETAIL Edition is White with movable wings. Cockpit canopy is light gray translucent plastic.

-Titanium 5-Pack 4 MASS RETAIL Edition has no difference from Titanium Wave 3 (?)

(28) AT-AT

-JC Penney one is smaller, gray and plastic.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 3 MASS RETAIL Edition has a white base. The walker has white highlights as well.

-Titanium 5-Pack 4 MASS RETAIL Edition is "Raw Metal" Silver.

(29) Sith Infiltrator

-Galoob DIE-CAST one has light paint.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 5 MASS RETAIL Edition has darker paint and weathering (?)

(30) Droid Tank (aka AAT Trade Federation Tank)

-Galoob DIE-CAST one has light paint.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 5 MASS RETAIL Edition has darker paint and weathering (?)

GALOOB MOLDS THAT EXIST IN TITANIUM SCALE AND WERE MADE IN DIE-CAST METAL BEFORE BUT HAVE NOT BEEN REMADE OR HAVE NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED AS JOINING THE "TITANIUM SERIES " LINE (as of 1/22/06):

(31) Sebulba's Pod Racer
    (32) Republic Cruiser (Red Diplomatic- from Episode 1)
    (33) Trade Federation Droid Control Ship
    (34) Gian Speeder
    (35) Executor Star Destroyer (with scale Star Destroyer attached)
    (36) Jawa Sandcrawler

HASBRO MOLDS THAT EXIST IN TITANIUM SCALE AND WERE MADE IN PLASTIC THAT HAVE NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED AS JOINING THE "TITANIUM SERIES" LINE:

(37) B-Wing Fighter

The 4th 5-pack has JUST been announced (thanks BritCit3)! Who knows what variants we'll find...

Good luck!

Ok, two problems in your list I noticed.

1. Anakin's Green Starfighter has Grey cannons, not Black.
    2. Droid Starfighter (Galoob, TPM) has Black eyes, not Red.

Otherwise, good work.

I'm not stickying this thread at this point, it'll depend on how much more interest there is in these variations.

BTW, the Clone Wars Republic Gunship has a packaging variation, facing upwards vs downwards.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Heh

I know, I know...but I am not tracking minor package variations. If I were to do that, my head would explode because I have already noticed/catalogued quite a few aside from the obvious inner-bubble switch-a-roo on the AOTC Gunship- and that variant only seems to exist in with the Clone Wars Deco version (or maybe it was mis-packed? Though I can't see how that could be).

I am just tracking ship paint jobs. I know there are errors out there on the ships, too, as one of my Slave 1's in package is missing a tiny gray square that's on my loose one, etc., but I am just trying to help out those who want the obvious skinny/low-down on what's out there already

Here are a few minor package variant possibilities...you asked for it :

-"Die-Cast" sticker below the "Star Wars" on the Wal-Mart EXCL packaging versus NO Die-Cast sticker. Some had 'em- some didn't- for all 4 Wal-Mart Waves. My WM EXCL Wave 1 X-Wing has it, my Falcon, Slave 1 and TIE Fighter don't- probably because the X-Wing was released with the Wave 2 WM EXCL ships in Europe.

-British/European UPC covering the American UPC, as well as Tri-Lingual sticker with info on the back (appeared on my British X-Wing- but the American UPC is still visible underneath the sticker).

-Choking Hazard warning stickers on Wave 1 WM EXCL packaging- both with or without them AND color variants (black with white text, white with black text, etc.)

-Tri-Lingual WM EXCL Wave 4 packaging variations (confirmed)- and then ALL of THOSE sticker variant possibilities...(no Die-Cast or Die-Cast, choking warning stickers and colors, etc.!)

-Chrome "Titanium Series" label versus White one- of course, this is on the Clone Wars Deco Gunship but I foresee it going on the Raw Metal Slave 1 in Wave 5...

Etc. Etc.

I hope people are interested in variants- it's what makes a line like this SO addicting But trying to get all of the package variants would be financial suicide!

Hasta

IMO, any time they have to change the tray or bubble, that's an authentic variation. Anything where a sticker is moved, that's a BS variation unless a lot of them come that way since it's not that hard to move a sticker.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The Executor is not quite acurate, if it were true to scale the Executor would be 12 inches while the included Star Destroyer would remain the same size.

What? You mean the Galoob die-cast Executor? That thing is just right (not counting the thickness which is off), the SSD is 7 times as big as the ISD which is represented on the DC Super Star Destroyer and its connected offspring. What's great too is the DC Imperial Star Destroyer is in scale with the Hasbro Collectors Fleet Executor.

... none of this is a variation though, why are we discussing it here?

The inclusion of the stickers is the rarity- anyone with hair dryer and enough time can remove the stickers easily.

These are legit variants, though, as, technically, they could exist.

I have only seen one example of the Gunship tray change so far, and only on the CW Deco version so...

I need to see more- preferably ones with the WM EXCL Wave 2 Red Coloration.

Why would Hasbro re-tool only to make a run of one ship? Maybe the one where the tray is reversed will be a new version? I dunno...

it's not like they do 1 run in 1 day, sometimes an early production sample will show something that doesn't look as good and they'll change it midway through, those bubble trays are very cheap to produce apparently.