Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Art Asylum Enterprise-E out soon !!!

The Art Asylum - Diamond Select electronic Enterprise-E will be out in one or two weeks. It looks very good and with a $20 - $22 pricepoint, I think it's a real bargain. Ship is 18 inches long with light and sounds features.

I've ordered mine.
    Can't pass on this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	startrek_enterprise_popup6.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	13322   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	startrek_enterprise_popup7.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	13323   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	startrek_enterprise_popup1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	13324  
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

While technically not belonging in this thread.....I can't wait for this thing to come out!!! I've been waiting since its original date of late December, and I hope it doesn't get pushed back again. You're right...for $22 this is a GREAT deal!!
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Oooooo

PRETTY!

Having collected all of the Playmates ships (except the damned Excelsior) these AA ones have always tempted me.

Honestly though- why should I get it? I mean my Playmates Insurrection Ent-E looks good as it is?

Let me know...

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar
    PRETTY!

Having collected all of the Playmates ships (except the damned Excelsior) these AA ones have always tempted me.

Honestly though- why should I get it? I mean my Playmates Insurrection Ent-E looks good as it is?

Let me know...
    They already made an Enterprise-E??? When was that released? During the theatrical release of Insurrection or later on??
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Playmates released 2 Enterprise-E ships, the first version during First Contact and it wasn't entirely accurate to the movie version because there were changes made to the movie version after they produced the toy, the second was during Insurrection and retooled the previous to put the impulse thrusters in the right place and change the bussard collectors, as well as change the paint job and put a void where the captain's yacht goes (the set came with an MM-sized captains yacht which was way out of scale with the Ent-E), but neither of the Playmates ones are really excellent, they're ok toys but take a LOT of liberties with the lines and thicknesses.

BTW, I posted about the Ent-E photos in the Star Trek Figures thread in the "Other-Non-SW" forum but at that time AA/DST had missed their deadline yet again and weren't sure when these were actually shipping.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah I was actually going to pick up the Insurrection model, which I saw at a sci-fi toy fair, but I didn't have enough money. The next time it was on I had the cash, went to the booth - and it was gone. They did have the First Contact version though, so I ended up buying that and although it is inaccurate, it goes well with my collection of First Contact figures.

Really looking forward to this one though, nicely detailed and not too pricey.

I have both the Playmates ones, and although I don't like the missing yacht, I display the Insurrection one because I like its corrections and its colors much better. Of course, that will all change when AA's version finally comes out.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I, too, have both the Playmates ones, and I like the Yacht but that's just me I suppose.

So, AA's will look better? Etc.?

How many AA ships have been released? I know of 3 off the top of my head:

1. NX-01 Regular
    2. NX-01 Battle-Damaged
    3. NCC-1701-A

Will this be the fourth or are there more ships to find? I might retro collect these, as I don't have the heart/willingness to sell all of my old Playmates ones (and I have them all save for the transitional Excelsior after Generations and the Klingon Bird of Prey from that same wave- which I hear is just the same ship as the Generations BOP- anyone know this for sure?).

Art Asylum :
    4 - NCC-1701-A Battle-Damaged...
    5 - NX-01 "ISS" (as seen in "In a mirror darkly").
    6 - Enterprise-E.

I too have the Insurrection Playmate E-E and it's a very nice toy (ten years old already).
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

It's out now, I saw it at my local comic shop yesterday, they wanted $45 for it, I scoffed because New Force has it for $22.