Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

UPN and WB are no more, make room for CW

It was just announced less than a few hours ago, UPN and WB are going off the air.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

So now we'll have one network that sucks twice as hard to go to for all our sucky-network needs?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Laaaame! Which channel is it gonna be out here, 5 or 13? This is just a bad idea.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This sucks! They better not mess with my Smallville or Charmed.

If I were to watch those shows that is. I mean, it's not saying that I do...I'm just saying that it'd suck for those that decide to watch such programming. I don't personally. Meh!! on the WB.

*slowly backs away then scampers off*
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

They better not mess with my That 70's Show or King of the Hill. You dont want to know what will happen if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by starwarsfan1
    They etter not mess with my That 70's Show or King of the Hill. You dont want to know what will happen if they do.
    That would be quite difficult since UPN and the WB produce and air neither - the series are both in syndication which can air at independent affiliate stations of either, but Fox is who produces and airs both shows... That 70s Show ends its run this year while King of the Hill is out of production but still on "standby" in case Fox decides to return it next season.

Smallville won't be affected by the merger, it's one of the WB's anchor shows so it is staying put. As for Charmed, I have no idea.

What a crap name too, CW, sounds nothing like a TV network, sounds like a brand of sugar. Still, those entities (Viacom and Warner Bros) produced Comedy Central fairly well until Viacom finally bought it all the way up, so maybe it'll work.... right. Hey, maybe Los Angeles will finally have an independent regular channel again (all the main dial VHF stations are network affiliates except for 9 which is owned by CBS2 and even shares newsstaff... of course, Fox 11 and UPN 13 is the same way, so unless CW goes to 13 which it won't, I guess we won't have an indie).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

*yawn*
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

Also, maybe as a precursor, 7th Heaven was announced as being cancelled some time ago. I thought that was one of WB's better shows (I seriously don't watch that one) but I guess it wasn't like Smallville or anything.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    Also, maybe as a precursor, 7th Heaven was announced as being cancelled some time ago. I thought that was one of WB's better shows (I seriously don't watch that one) but I guess it wasn't like Smallville or anything.
    I think that had more to do with the age of the show and not having a lot more plot wise they could do with it without pulling a Simpsons than anything else.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection