Sideshow had some good info on the latest podcast. I thought I would start a thread for those who don't have the time to listen to them due to dial-up modems or whatever other reason. If I miss some info, anybody can feel free to add it to the thread, of course.

The first thing that jumped out at me was their mentioning of catching people ordering more than they were allowed of the Jedi Lukes and the extra being given to the wait list. Two things about this. 1) Kudos to Sideshow for taking it that seriously, and 2) That kinda makes the wait list a little more appealing.

The next thing I liked hearing was the description of the package design. A 4-panel box with three folds allowing for a panel that has a sort of bio of the character, a panel just for the accessories, one for the figure and one for the pics and screen shots. And it closes with magnets, not velcro. Considerable added value for we in-package collectors. That is great to help us display them without removing them from the box. Again...big kudos to Sideshow.

They mentioned what characters we can expect to find in this line (Heroes of the Republic). They include core characters like Tattooine Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2, and Jar Jar Binks. These were the direct examples given. I am only guessing when I add Lando Calrissian, Padme Amidala-Skywalker, Bail Organa, Owen and Beru Lars, Shmi Skywalker and any other human, non-military, non-Jedi good-guy you can think of. I would say this sounds like a good line...but all of them do anyway.

They also spoke of the pre-ordering adventure via a "robotic" server. They give a few tips on being more successful with pre-orders on their web-site. Mainly they said have some patience and stop reloading the page just because it takes a while to load. Wait until you get an error message because most likely, if you don't get an error message, you are getting into the page...just slowly.

They also invited questions that we would like answered in the pod-casts. They asked that the questions be sent to:

podcast@sideshowcollectibles.com.

The subject line has to read: SWpodcast

The last BIG news item that I gleened from the podcast is that there will be a Toy Fair item sold through the web-site. No detail was given at all. In fact, the info I am posting was derived from a hint. That hint was this automated ordering server saying she was getting ready for something to do with Toy Fair. And the only subject she spoke on at all was the 12" line, and the only job she spoke of having is taking orders through the website. But still, this is a guess.