View Poll Results: Do you see yourself dramatically scaling back your Star Wars collecting for 2006?

Voters
598. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I'll be shopping like I'd always been, the new stuff looks good.

117 19.57%
  • No, I'm picking and choosing, but I'll still plan on buying a lot.

162 27.09%
  • Yes, I'm not buying half of what they plan to release.

123 20.57%
  • Yes, I'm not buying 75% or more of what's coming out there.

144 24.08%
  • Yes. I'm quitting. Been there, done that.

52 8.70%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Picking and Choosing.

I'm going from buying $6K worth of stuff last year to a planned budget of $4K. So for me it's a 33% decrease, but still alot of stuff...
    Move along, move along

I cut my buying habits a lot in 2005 before ROTS hit so I don't see myself cutting back now. The new figures look good and with all of the new sculpts coming out this year I'm pretty excited. The extended lines may get boring to me. I'm already getting less excited about the Titanium lines. So those may fall to the wayside if anything.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I voted "Picking and Choosing."

I will definitely be getting most of if not all of the basic action figures. I'm not real big into collecting vehicles and sets (because of their cost and the amount of space they take up) so I'll be leaving out quite a bit of merchandise. However, I'll still be spending a lot.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Well first, I have scaled down dramacticly since I stopped beinga carded collector, also I no longer look for the variations. Right now I am only looking for the new ones like veers derlin and cody.

I still army build a little, as I want at least 2-3 Cody's and about 6 of scorch.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I don't really buy that much as it is, so I'm not buying 75% or more.
    The Spudtrooper was the first SW toy I've bought since...probably the BK toys.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Well, it changed a little but essentially stayed the overall same, the current results are split almost down the middle, with 53.5% collectors saying they're cutting down to half or less. I wonder how true this will hold in 6 months or so.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

If it's a repack I'm passing

Barada...left him...I have him in the three pack.

I may leave Reiken, Veers...although hes not "seeable" in the AT AT so I might buy him.

No Kit Bash figs...you can keep your snowtrooper.

I have to take it down a notch.

I wouldnt leave Veers, although I have the AT-AT one, it is a much better sculpt, plus it has the armor. You can double him as an imperial officer as well.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

picking and choosing ...

Now I'm only collecting ones that I like. Which means only a few of the basic size and all galactic heroes.

I think it's more important to like something that to collect EVERYTHING.

all the other lines of star wars stuff doesn't float my boat, even though some of it does look good.