Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I wouldn't miss it....

Absolutley! That night was a blast! I'll even admit I had more fun that night than on the movie's actual opening day!
    The energy with people was much more fun-oriented...without the expectations the movie had.

I still keep in touch with some of the folks I met that night...keeping each other informed as to what's where....

I just hope that if the retailers DO the MM again, they don't go crazy over-ordering in subsequent weeks and ending up with another glut.....

To check out the old version of this thread at the old SSG just click here
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Rollo Tomasi
    Concrete evidence of GNT's post padding! Gah!

Lightbulb

Of course! I had such great fun with the first one! I can't honestly wait to go out again.
    Being able to see the Episode I figures locked behind plastic wrap and Wal-Mart employees scurrying to get things set up. It was so cool.

Plus it adds to my memories of Star Wars related events in my lifetime.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Midnight Madness was so much fun I'd definitely do it again. People at the TRU I went to were relatively cordial, and except for the first ten minutes there was very little pushing and shoving.

Of course, the fact that there was an armed policeman there probably kept everyone in line. At first, I thought that TRU had called for one in anticipation of a riot, but he was grabbing figures and filling up his cart just as fervently as everyone else.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

the master jedi
    He probably showed up armed so he could get in easier and get the stuff he wanted.

Either that or he was on his way to provide back-up for a hostage situation, and decided to make a quick little detour.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Yes I will go! The last one here was a KB Toys and not too many people where there.Our Wal-Mart wouldn't even let you buy any untill 7AM.I guess the Manager wanted first pick
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

No way! I've got plenty of work to keep me busy. I'll probably go the following day to see what's left. I did pretty well the day after the midnight sale... so I'll just leave it at that!
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 08-20-2001 at 01:15 PM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I will be at Midnight Madness when it happens (I don't say if because I have previously contended that Toys R Us would be absolute idiots not to repeat the success of this event). I went to the E1 Midnight Madness, leaving a party to attend and had a great time, though there were no Darth Mauls to be had. But not to worry, the Target next door was well stocked (over 50 Mauls alone) later that morning when they opened their doors. Target had shrewdly perched a huge display close to the entrance, but had missed the boat. The real E1 sales happened hours earlier next door. In the first HOUR at that ONE store, the regiserer tape was over $12,000 dollars!
    In the end I spent way too much on future peg warmers and will be a little more reserved in my spending this outing, but I cannot wait for the new Midnight Madness. It was an incredible sight and I would not have missed it for the world. I will probably buy afew key figures there and go to the Target later to purchase them at my leisure. Despite the toy glut from Episode I, retailers will still stock well for the initial Episode II release, just not with the reckless abandon they displayed with Episode I.