Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm actually pretty sure that we wont have MM over here in good ol' England this time around. I went to TRU for the Ep 1 MM and there was a pretty good turnout with the press there etc. However, no Mauls and very few decent toys and everyone was quickly disillusioned (not that I'm suggesting that the good people at TRU purposely didn't put any Maul stuff out for Scalping purposes!) In fact the best thing there was the Star Wars Store card getting you point and offers on SW stuff - seen it? Got myself three of them and they didn't cost squat!

However, my reasoning for doubting MM in the UK is that stores got badly stung by buying HUGE volumes of Ep1 stuff that they couldn't shift. This is why we have the VERY frustrating situation of not having any stores sellin POTJ at all. TRU have absolutely NO Star Wars stuff on the pegs at all, except for a couple of stale EP1 products like Yo-Yos. This means that all new POTJ stuff has to be brought from scalpers. Ooops, I mean dealers. Same thing. I just think that no-one over here will take chances with Ep2 and there will be nowhere near as much stuff out on the pegs, or as much store promotion.
    I bent my wookie!

Whos going to get Obi?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I'm not sure if I will be there or not. It all depends on how much I spend at STAR WARS CELEBRATION II.

OR, if C2 comes AFTER the EP2 toy release.

I have to pick up some of the Exclusive stuff at Celebration 2!

I've never been to ANY kind of convention.
    May the force be with you.

Well, I wasn't planning on going before and now with the release of the packaging by Hasbro I probably won't even go that day. I'm really turned off by the garbage their pushing on us so I feel like doing a one-man boycott of the line.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Boycott a line of Star Wars figures?!?!?!?!

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Well, I guess that would leave you time and money to work on finishing off anything your missing from the other lines.

Nevertheless, it will most likely BE a 1 MAN boycott.
    May the force be with you.

Anybody going anymore after seeing the figures we'll be getting?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Nope, I didnt plan to anyways, last time I just went to TRU around 7AM before going to college and got the bare essentials(Obi, Maul, Mace, Qui Gon) then I felt tempted to go back and cut 2 classes so I could get the remaining figures.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.

i'll go to wal-mart, but i'm not gonna wait in any line. i'm still holding out hope that the 12 inch figures will be cool. you know jango is gonna be in the first wave and i'll never see it at retail, just like the first darth maul 12 incher.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by derek
    i'll go to wal-mart, but i'm not gonna wait in any line. i'm still holding out hope that the 12 inch figures will be cool. you know jango is gonna be in the first wave and i'll never see it at retail, just like the first darth maul 12 incher.
    you'll see him,He'll probably become a shelfwarmer at some point just like the 12" Maul did
    GNT
    ''

Originally posted by Sith Apprentice
    I'm actually pretty sure that we wont have MM over here in good ol' England this time around. I went to TRU for the Ep 1 MM and there was a pretty good turnout with the press there etc. However, no Mauls and very few decent toys and everyone was quickly disillusioned (not that I'm suggesting that the good people at TRU purposely didn't put any Maul stuff out for Scalping purposes!) In fact the best thing there was the Star Wars Store card getting you point and offers on SW stuff - seen it? Got myself three of them and they didn't cost squat!

However, my reasoning for doubting MM in the UK is that stores got badly stung by buying HUGE volumes of Ep1 stuff that they couldn't shift. This is why we have the VERY frustrating situation of not having any stores sellin POTJ at all. TRU have absolutely NO Star Wars stuff on the pegs at all, except for a couple of stale EP1 products like Yo-Yos. This means that all new POTJ stuff has to be brought from scalpers. Ooops, I mean dealers. Same thing. I just think that no-one over here will take chances with Ep2 and there will be nowhere near as much stuff out on the pegs, or as much store promotion.
    Don't recall anything of this nature (midnight madness) happening at all oop North. can't see anyone from TRU staying up that late round here. it's all old ladies and spotty twelve year old sensitive boys who are good with their hands..... can't see any of them ever staying up past nine let alone midnight. And it's not like the TRU's in the North ever get any stock anyway. It's going to be easier to find stuff online to be honest. probably cost less too.