Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

THANKS FOR THE: Unleashed Battlepacks

I am thoroughly impressed by the way these miniature Unleashed figures have turned out!!

I do have two suggestions/criticisms and I'll get them out of the way first:

Please use a stronger plastic. Lightsaber blades bend easily while still packaged as do the legs in the Battle Droid pack. Also, more articulation please (mostly in arms and heads). The Wookiee Warriors is a good example. I'm surprised most of the arms wouldn't move.

Now onto the good...

Great assortment of poses

Great paint applications and sculpting details (Gree, Felucia clones, and Wookiees kick a**!!!)

Good work on the comparative scaling between figures

Excellent selection of characters so far

Great articulation on the Kashyyyk clonetroopers!!

Please keep this line going for a long time (and please improve the sturdiness). Maybe we can even get diorama-like playsets for them (Endor bunker, Hoth shield generator, Kashyyyk lagoon shores, etc.) and some smaller-scale figure/vehicle packs as well (AT-RT, Wookiee Flyer, Speeder Bikes, Republic Gunship, etc.)
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

I agree, again another line that has impressed me. I picked up Gree's legion last night and have them at my station in work. They are great for display and limited play, and they almost remind of the classic green army men, loved those things. As far as vehicles go, I say bring it. even if they include a plastic version of the titanium series speeder bikes.

Also bases and expansion sets are a must, the bunker would be awesome and even a geonosis arena, death star style set, the possibilities are endless.

Way to go Hasbro really A+
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Yeah, I have to agree with both of the guys above. I love these sets. I've been getting two of each or more depending on the sets.

I'd buy more if they were a little cheaper say in the $7-8 range, but I still like them alot.

More sets please, just a tad more articulation would be nice.

The sculpts and paint apps are great! For such small figs you are doing a great job of nailing the likenesses, imo.

Keep 'em coming!
    -Sal
    Move along, move along

An addendum to my earlier suggestions for small vehicles and playsets. A good reference point would be to follow what Toy Biz did with their "Lord of the Rings: Armies of Middle Earth" line.

There were the three packs (equated with the current Battlepacks), single figure packs w/ "transports" (Gandalf on Shadowfax for example)...this would be where you could make clonetroopers on BARC speeders and AT-RTs...and lastly small "environment" playsets.

The Star Wars equivalent for these "environment" playsets could be:

Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    Theed hangar duel
    Great Plains Battle (Gungans vs. Trade Federation)

Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    Geonosian arena
    Kaminoan landing platform

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
    Battle of Utapau
    Battle of Kashyyyk (lagoon area)
    Jedi Temple (Order 66)
    Mustafar duel

Episode IV: A New Hope
    Death Star hangar bay
    Death Star detention block

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    Hoth shield generator
    Dagobah training (perhaps the Dark Side tree)
    Carbon freezing chamber
    Cloud City duel - processing vane

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
    Endor shield bunker
    Ewok village
    Emperor's throne room
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

A most excellent idea, Sith Lord 0498 !

These would be very cool sets to have. They would be small enough that everyone could get them. Even we collectors for whom space is at a premium in our households. The pricepoint would be fairly attractive too, as I can't see them going over $20 (especially if you include a fig or two).

Great suggestion!
    -Sal
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal
    A most excellent idea, Sith Lord 0498 !

These would be very cool sets to have. They would be small enough that everyone could get them. Even we collectors for whom space is at a premium in our households. The pricepoint would be fairly attractive too, as I can't see them going over $20 (especially if you include a fig or two).

Great suggestion!
    -Sal
    Exactly the price I was thinking. Actually, more of a range from $15-30 ($30 of course being for the larger sets such as the throne room, Mustafar, Carbon Freezing chamber). They probably wouldn't have to include too many pack-in figures with some of the sets. Kashyyyk lagoon for example already has 15 figures for it just from packs included in waves 1 and 2.

So does anybody think it may be a good idea to assemble a type of "sales pitch" for this type of Unleashed battlepack expansion, circulate it here and on other forums as a petition, and send it directly to Hasbro's product development team???

I know they supposed read these forums, but it might help get the point across much better.

Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498
    So does anybody think it may be a good idea to assemble a type of "sales pitch" for this type of Unleashed battlepack expansion, circulate it here and on other forums as a petition, and send it directly to Hasbro's product development team?
    Go for it! It can't hurt.
    Count me as your first signature (well after yours that is).

-Sal
    Move along, move along

I just saw all four of the new sets today and they utterly obliterate the first wave in terms of sculpt and paint. They look real good and I like how Yoda is doing his swinging flying attack thingie. I may have to start collecting these.

*Slick's wallet lets out a groan*
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I would also sign that petition and here are some more ideas to consider:

Tatoonie:
    Battle at the Sarlacc
    Blast Off at Docking Bay 94
    Mos Eisley Cantina

and even though this falls under EU:
    Dark Forces I
    Dark Forces II
    Republic Commando
    Knights of the Old Republic
    perhaps even some Battlefront themes

Vehicles:
    Millennium Falcon
    StarFighters (x-wing,y-wing,b-wing,a-wing,e-wing)
    Clone Wars Starfighter
    Jedi Starfighter AOTC & ROTS
    Snowspeeder
    Speeder Bikes
    AT-ST
    AT-AT
    TIE Fighters (advanced,defender,bomber,interceptor)
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

DarkArtist, your suggestions of the Republic Commando and Knights of the Old Republic sets are excellent. Though I know they frown on EU, this could DEFINITELY be one way to get these figures made, if not in 3 3/4 scale. I'd love to have a set of Republic Commandos to set up on my desk at work!
    Move along, move along