Bust-Ups: Thoughts and Suggestions

I have to say, these Bust-Ups get better and better with each successive wave. The sculpting, painting, sturdiness, and interlocking ability improves every time. Great job so far!!

Here are my suggestions for the future of the Bust-Ups:

1) Release more waves per year. As with the mini-busts, perhaps two per quarter...maybe five waves per year at minimum.

2) Again, try to have more concrete release dates (I can't remember how many times the ROTS series was delayed)

3) Some suggestions for future waves:

Jedi Knights: Mace Windu, Aayla Secura, Kit Fisto, Ki-Adi Mundi, Quinlan Vos, Plo Koon

Clonetroopers: AOTC Clonetrooper, Shocktrooper, Galactic Marine (Bacara's troops), Kashyyyk Clonetrooper, Republic Commando, Clone Commander (ROTS)

Star Wars Pilots: Wedge Antilles, Biggs Darklighter, Porkins, TIE Fighter Pilot, Republic Gunship pilot (AOTC), ARC-170 Pilot (ROTS)

Expanded Universe: Mara Jade, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Yuuzhan Vong, Jacen Solo, Jaina Solo, Darth Malak
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

I don't know about the Hoth wave being very good. I think Vaders head looks funny. His neck is too long. The AT-AT Drivers helmit looks deformed. Hasbro's blow this one away. Even the Snowtrooper doesn't look right. The Wampa is the best of the set.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    I don't know about the Hoth wave being very good. I think Vaders head looks funny. His neck is too long. The AT-AT Drivers helmit looks deformed. Hasbro's blow this one away. Even the Snowtrooper doesn't look right. The Wampa is the best of the set.
    Vader does look a bit too skinny (therefore the helmet too big). The Snowtrooper still looks great to me, but I agree with the AT-AT Driver point. I was disappointed to see the back panel look like a sticker.

My point is that when you compare Series 1 to Series 5, it's night and day for the most part. And they piece together much better now.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Series 1 was a bit lacking something, although I like 3PO and the Chewie. The bust ups keep getting better with each new series. The clone trooper set of four with Gree chaser is the best so far. I actually have the Gree, but cannot bring myself to open him up and assemble him. I love these little things, strategically placed about the home. The hoth wave was nice I thought. I wil not complain about a skinny vader or flaws with the AT AT driver. They are $ 5 bust ups, you get what you pay for. It looks as though they are getting better with each new series, so we probably have a lot of great new characters to look forward to. I am looking forward to series 6 and the cantina boys.

I agree with Sith Lord 0498 here. You've done a good job with these and have improved as time has gone by. Sith Lord 0498's suggestions are fantastic ideas.

I'll save writing up a huge list here, as I've already done in the mini-bust thread, but suffice to say there are PLENTY of characters that can and should be made.

Thanks again for such fine products!

-Sal
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Knight
    Series 1 was a bit lacking something, although I like 3PO and the Chewie. The bust ups keep getting better with each new series. The clone trooper set of four with Gree chaser is the best so far. I actually have the Gree, but cannot bring myself to open him up and assemble him. I love these little things, strategically placed about the home. The hoth wave was nice I thought. I wil not complain about a skinny vader or flaws with the AT AT driver. They are $ 5 bust ups, you get what you pay for. It looks as though they are getting better with each new series, so we probably have a lot of great new characters to look forward to. I am looking forward to series 6 and the cantina boys.
    Why wont you open Gree? You planing on selling it. Just doesn't make sense to keep it in that baggy.

I don't agree about you get what you pay for. If GG can't do better that Hasbro there's a problem. The best series was the Bounty Hunter set. I just hope we don't continue getting deformed helmets and out of proportion figures.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Expanded List of Suggestions

Here's a newer list of suggestions for future bust-ups. Some of these are repeats of my initial post...oh well...

Jedi Knights: Mace Windu, Qui-Gon Jinn, Aayla Secura, Kit Fisto, Ki-Adi Mundi, Quinlan Vos, Plo Koon

Clonetroopers: AOTC Clonetrooper, Shocktrooper, Galactic Marine (Bacara's troops), Kashyyyk Clonetrooper, Republic Commando, Clone Commander (ROTS), Imperial Scout Trooper

Star Wars Pilots: Wedge Antilles, Biggs Darklighter, Porkins, TIE Fighter Pilot, Republic Gunship pilot (AOTC), ARC-170 Pilot (ROTS)

Expanded Universe: Mara Jade, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Yuuzhan Vong, Jacen Solo, Jaina Solo, Darth Malak (KOTOR), Darth Nihilus (KOTOR2)

Episode I: The Phantom Menace: Queen Amidala (Throne Room), Nute Gunray, OOM-9

Episode II: Attack of the Clones: Poggle the Lesser, Lama Su, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Padme Amidala (Arena)

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith: Chancellor Palpatine (Windu Duel Robes - pre-scarring), Wookiee Warrior

Episode IV: A New Hope: Luke Skywalker, Grand Moff Tarkin, Tusken Raider

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian, Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit), Luke Skywalker (Bespin Duel)

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi: Emperor Palpatine, Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight), Darth Vader (unmasked), Boushh