Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

What an unusual choice to start with. Not that I have a problem with Han or anything, he's awesome, but as a long-term collector of the Hasbro 12" line, it felt like they kinda did Han to death, so I'm surprised to see this coming out so soon after Hasbro's reign of terror ended. Hopefully the likeness is spot-on, it's amazingly difficult to capture Harrison Ford's likeness in a toy for some reason, and if they get the face and hair right it'll be probably their biggest coup yet.

My personal opinion based solely on this mask-wearing teaser photo is that the eyes and eyebrows don't look right, the eyes seem too close together and too big, the eyebrows seem too thick, as compared to these photos: http://multimedia.theforce.net/image...e.jpg&img=&tt=
    http://multimedia.theforce.net/image...5.jpg&img=&tt=
    http://multimedia.theforce.net/image...jpg&img=16&tt=
    http://multimedia.theforce.net/image...jpg&img=16&tt=
    But it's entirely possible that the full face, or possibly even just an angle change, will change the way all this looks. Still, it's Han, if he's got his gun strapped to his leg, that's a good start.
    Last edited by JediTricks; 02-02-2006 at 09:22 PM.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, Ford's likeness is gonna be tough. They did a tremendous job on the Premium Format figure but I agree it doesn't look quite like him. I wonder if the gas mask will be exclusive to the Sideshow Exclusive Edition? It's not like he used another accessory besides his blaster. Maybe Hydrospanners?

Personally, I was hoping for Hoth Han Solo but oh well...

Sideshow 12" Bespin Han Solo

Quote Originally Posted by decadentdave
    Yeah, Ford's likeness is gonna be tough. They did a tremendous job on the Premium Format figure but I agree it doesn't look quite like him. I wonder if the gas mask will be exclusive to the Sideshow Exclusive Edition? It's not like he used another accessory besides his blaster. Maybe Hydrospanners?

Personally, I was hoping for Hoth Han Solo but oh well...
    I think this figure is gonna rock, it looks pretty awesome

I cant wait to see the whole thing. I'll have more of an oppinion then.

The think the Bespin is an interesting choice for Han. I thought they would have started with a Classic. But thats ok! I wonder which Leia they will start with? Could be anything at this point.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Considering the fact that they did Classic in Premium Format and SS's podcast said there would be a considerable length of time before these would be made in 1:6 scale, chances are good that for Heroes of the Rebellion we will be getting Bespin versions of Luke, Leia and Lando.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Vaderrules
    I think this figure is gonna rock, it looks pretty awesome
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing"

This is indeed an odd choice. Not the fact that it's Han but the fact that they're making him in his Bespin outfit. It looks great and I may have to look into this one.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Looks promising so far. I just hope when Leia comes out she wont be in a dress. Bespin Luke will be pretty cool with copped off hand and what not. It sure would be cool if he came with the whether vain thingy.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

My prediction is that Bespin Luke Sideshow Edition will come with exclusive Bacta Tourniquet and Bespin Leia will be in the white jumpsuit but the SS exclusive will include the gown similar to the cloak that was included with SS exclusive Aragorn.