Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fantastic Four Question

This is a question I have been meaning to ask fo a long time but never got round to it!

Now, as much as I love the movies, I'm no great expert on Marvel Comic books, so go easy on me if I'm barking up the wrong tree here!!

Is the villian in the Fantastic 4 movie (Victor von Doom) the Silver Surfer? I remember the charactor from the 1990s animated Marvel Action Hour cartoons, I remember he used to go round talking to himself, just like von Doom does in the movie in a simalar tone of voice, is that who he is supposed to be?

Which brings me to my next question, will there be a sequal of the F4? I know it sounds silly, but what will they call it? Fantastic 4 2 just sounds and looks odd! Are there any plans, for any new Marvel adaptations for that matter? The only one I can think of is Iron Man, are there any others I have not thought of?

Wooh, sorry, I started off as 1 question and ended upas about 50!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Victor von Doom and Norrin Radd are two completely different "people"
    Thus Surfer is from another planet, tho he sorta started out as a "villain" in the FF due to his being a herald of Galactus (sent to earth to warn the inhabitants that his master was coming to destroy it)

There's likely be a new film and I would expect it to just have a subtitle, like FF- The coming of Galactus (it had BETTER be called that dammit)

Other MArvel flims, well, Ghostrider was being made/finished, I was pretty sure there was an Iron Fist film coming down the pipe...

Someone else likely knows lots more!!
    (PS I kept MY "review" of the FF film out of here, didn't wanna stink up yer thread)
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Maybe the Thing will leave in the sequel and She-Hulk will join...who knows.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'd heard everyone would be back except Jessica Alba.

And my vote for the villain: John Ratzenberger as Mole Man!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Will they replace the Invisible Girl with H.E.R.B.I.E.? Why sign up if your not going to do the sequel?
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

The FF sequel starts filming this summer (I think) and everyone will be back (I think again).

Other Marvel movies in development:

X-Men 3 - May
    Spider-Man 3 - next Summer
    Ghost Rider - with Nicolas Cage (seriously) - early next year
    Hulk 2 - development
    Punisher 2 - may start filming this summer
    Blade - a TV series has just been picked up by Spike TV
    Wolverine - being written
    Magneto - also being written
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

she might not've been invited back...

i'm sure when the sequel comes out it will be known as FF2 since it's the coolest thing every since terminator 2 came out to abbreviate the name of a sequel with just initials and a number. so far, though Spidey has doged that bullet... the x-men have not - witness X2, X3 and so forth. maybe they're building up to X-23, although there's now a conflict with this name: will it feature X-23 the machine man, or X-23 "Nyx," wolverine's cousin or whatever...

anyway, the galactus story would be awesome. they could even have a spin-off silver surfer movie, possibly. i'm not too up on the classic silver surfer comics, but from what i've heard they were really great.

right now they're building up to "ultimate extinction" in the ultimates universe - this is ultimate galactus (spelled Gah Lak Tus, apparently to make the name more believable?) so they could be gearing up for this in the movie as well...

here's some info on the Silver Surfer
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn
    she might not've been invited back...
    Apparently she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by commingsoon.net
    [FONT=arial]Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis are expected to reprise their roles, as they originally signed deals extending through a planned trilogy.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by mabudon
    Thus Surfer is from another planet, tho he sorta started out as a "villain" in the FF due to his being a herald of Galactus (sent to earth to warn the inhabitants that his master was coming to destroy it)
    Aren't all heralds villians?
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

What makes Silver Surfer a hero as opposed to a villain for being Galactus' herald is that he interacted with the people he met and saw Galactus as being wrong for what he was doing. Silver Surfer then turncoat and actually tried to stop Galactus.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection