Thread: CE or Scaled?

CE or Scaled?

What do you guys think about the new CE line? I saw the Qui Gonn saber and I have to say that I prefer the scaled replicas. I would rather have a high quality material scaled then a plastic hasbro look-a-like saber toy any day. Sounds a little harsh. I know

Although im not a fan of the CE sabers, they definitely are not cheap plastic sabers.

From what I gather they will be constructed mainly of resin, which is pretty different from normal plastic.

LE full sizes all the way for me.

Resin is a good material to use in place of metal, it can be painted to give off the same sheen, it carries a fair weight to it, and it doesn't have a translucent depth the way some plastics look (the ones Hasbro uses for their Role Play sabers for example).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I like the look of the CE sabers and especially the display stands, but I'll be sticking with the scaled replicas. $199 is still a bit too high for me--mostly because MR makes adequete-looking full scale hilts for their Force FX and they sell for $120. Take off the blade and electronics, and I'd expects these new CE sabers to be $75-100. However, it could be that their quality is in between Force FX and LE, thereby warranting the price.

Still, I think I'll only buy the CE version of Darth Vader ROTJ when released.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

They look good and its a good deal for what you get. But I'll be passing on them. I prefer the Limited Editions myself.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Hopefully the $200 rumor isn't accurate, that price is just not low enough.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah from what I'm reading on the materials -it should cost less. I'll bet the secondary market will be much lower though.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett