Thread: CE or Scaled?

CE or Scaled?

What do you guys think about the new CE line? I saw the Qui Gonn saber and I have to say that I prefer the scaled replicas. I would rather have a high quality material scaled then a plastic hasbro look-a-like saber toy any day. Sounds a little harsh. I know

Although im not a fan of the CE sabers, they definitely are not cheap plastic sabers.

From what I gather they will be constructed mainly of resin, which is pretty different from normal plastic.

LE full sizes all the way for me.

Resin is a good material to use in place of metal, it can be painted to give off the same sheen, it carries a fair weight to it, and it doesn't have a translucent depth the way some plastics look (the ones Hasbro uses for their Role Play sabers for example).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I like the look of the CE sabers and especially the display stands, but I'll be sticking with the scaled replicas. $199 is still a bit too high for me--mostly because MR makes adequete-looking full scale hilts for their Force FX and they sell for $120. Take off the blade and electronics, and I'd expects these new CE sabers to be $75-100. However, it could be that their quality is in between Force FX and LE, thereby warranting the price.

Still, I think I'll only buy the CE version of Darth Vader ROTJ when released.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

They look good and its a good deal for what you get. But I'll be passing on them. I prefer the Limited Editions myself.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Hopefully the $200 rumor isn't accurate, that price is just not low enough.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah from what I'm reading on the materials -it should cost less. I'll bet the secondary market will be much lower though.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett