Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Phantom Menace Sabers

It seems to me that all the phantom menace sabers look very similar. they all have similar shapes with red buttons etc... Which one from episode 1 is evrybodies favorite? My favorite is maul.

Obi-Wan's, definitely. Rubies did a really good version of it for the foreign market (the US version was totally different) and I even tried to make a metal version of it for myself, but it never came to pass.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Obi-Wan's is my favorite TPM lightsaber.

Obi-Wan's lightsaber in TPM is similar in design to Qui-Gon's as padawans traditionally build their lightsaber to resemble their master's weapons.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Obi-Wan's lightsaber in TPM is similar in design to Qui-Gon's as padawans traditionally build their lightsaber to resemble their master's weapons.
    Um, what? Obi-Wan's saber is nothing like Qui-Gon's that I can see, what are the similarities you see?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

They're similar in color, shapes and design. They're built diffrently but carry the Master/Padawan look.

All lightsabers are fairly similar in color: silver, black. How are the 2 sabers similar in shape though? I'm not seeing it at all. They have vastly different pommels, Obi-Wan's has that column near the top of black rings held back by posts where there are no posts on Qui-Gon's, Qui-Gon's has the middle the thick angled coins thing surrounded by the smallish barrel cover while Obi-Wan's has the mostly-metal barrel with the smaller cutaway revealing the vent-like shapes, it's totally different. And in designs, the only similarities I can think of are the kovertec belt disc and the red activation button, both of which nearly every Ep 1 saber shared.

It's hard for me to say which one is my favorite, but if I really had to choose then I'd go with Battle Damaged Maul. Although I don't actually own it yet, I just love the scarring on it and the red crystal.
    "I have you now."

Yeah Obi-Wan really walloped Darth Maul a good one!

Obi-Wan's TPM saber rocked! With the pummel on the end - it's Hammer Time!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.