Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thumbs up "Veronica Mars"... anyone?

I have to say that this is probably one of the most clever and funny shows on television at the moment. VERY smart stories and ringing endorsements from Stephen King and Joss Whedon. Thank "God" for DVR!!! I can record this and watch "Lost".

Anyone? Anyone?
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I've only heard good things about VM. I was able to catch a few episodes on DVD from the first season and I have to admit, they were pretty darn good. I can see how a show like this could become addicting because after I watched one episode, I wanted more and more. I still have access to the First Season dvd set and I definitely plan on finishing it. The only reason I'm not watching the second season on the air is because I want to finish the first season before hand. It seems like the episdoes run together and I didn't want to be lost.

On a side note, Kristen Bell is hot too!

And yes, you are very much correct... God bless the DVR! It is a life saver.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

This is one of the better shows on the tube, it doesn't treat its audience like idiots as much as most of the fare out there, and it tries to avoid being "Beverly Hills 90210". This season has seen too many big cases for Veronica rather than interesting little ones, but it's still fairly engrossing. The casting work is pretty tight too, most shows can really sink a show with poor casting or focusing on the wrong things, but VM seems to aim for talent instead of flavors of the moment or something. Plus, it's nice to actually have a detective show on the air that isn't a Law & Order clone - not that I don't like L&O and clones, but the cop thing is getting so played out, PIs are where it's at.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Fantastic!!! I'm glad that there are a few others out there who are watching the show!

I agree. I am SO over flipping channels and seeing CSI/L&O clones clogging up the airwaves. It's kinda refreshing to see something out there for a younger demographic that doesn't totally alienate people like me, who are in their late 30s. I love the bizarre relationship between Veronica and Sheriff Lamb. It tickles me every time she has to set foot in that office. I also dig the pop culture references. It's SO like my everyday life in that regard.

Another great episode this week! It's funny that this episode made High School look even more hellish than Joss Whedon did on Buffy! The best moment came when Veronica got Ms Hauser to eat crow... and then discovered that, not only did she cast blame on the wrong person, she was also the one hiding the missing money! BUSTED!!!!

It was a pretty good ep, Jackie in the dunk tank was messed up but Wallace was a good guy. The stuff with Logan and that girl was a little forced, but didn't come off that way so it gets a free pass.

Actually, Ms Hauser wasn't hiding the missing money, she was hiding $3000 more that she skimmed. It was Weevil who actually stole the money and framed Thumper -- for good reason. I like that Veronica's morality meter is all shades of gray, she doesn't turn in Weevil for it, yet down the road she may use it to blackmail him.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yes, yes... that's right.

Our Veronica will manage to get a payback out of it at some point. I was really surprised to see Weevil looking so different. No punk-o goatee and his hair growing out a little bit. I think the "shades of grey" thing is what really attracts me to this show. It's one of those things where, despite the fictional events, it's kinda real. Sometimes it DOES take a little bad to amount to a lot of good. Well, depending on which side of the line you stand.

Weevil's biggest change is the lack of the 'stache, first thing I noticed. The hair growing out did start becoming really obvious after a while. It makes sense to me, now that he's been jumped out of the gang it's a subtle change that makes the character feel different without being blatant.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartnr
    I have to say that this is probably one of the most clever and funny shows on television at the moment. VERY smart stories and ringing endorsements from Stephen King and Joss Whedon. Thank "God" for DVR!!! I can record this and watch "Lost".

Anyone? Anyone?
    The Seattle UPN channel shows it again on Saturday, so I don't have to record it.

Indeed a good show.

Kristin Bell rocks, she was great in her episodes of Deadwood.

I haven't seen this show yet, but I will get it on Netflix down the road.