View Poll Results: How Many Sideshow 12" Figures Have You Preordered?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll

33 14.41%

23 10.04%

15 6.55%

76 33.19%

23 10.04%

6 2.62%

3 1.31%

15 6.55%

0 0%

1 0.44%
  • None

34 14.85%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Darth Cruel, dang dude, I totally didn't see that one coming. Aren't these like 1 per customer though?
    After the priority pre-order, they up the maximum on the regular edition to 2. I got the extras and will continue to until I get one that someone will trade for the exclusive edition Luke or enough of the regular edition ones to make back all the extra money I will have to spend to get one on ebay.

Well I ordered an extra-regular Obi-Wan from Amok Time.

I also ordered Anakin from them.

If SS makes a worthy Palpatine, I'll pose him kneeling down over Hasbro's fried-head on Anakin from their E3 12".

I came to my decision by resizing the screens and comparing Hasbro's 12" Anakin next to SS's, along with Obi-Wan Kenobi from SS. There was no question.

So I'm now up to 4 SS figures:

2 Obi-Wan (regular and SSE)
    1 Anakin
    1 Kit Fisto

And I'll buy Han Bespin SSE on Friday I hope (or regular Han if I'm not fast enough).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Thanks JT.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I am also glad we have a real 12" line on our hands finally. I don't get why most of the people posting in this thread are going on about wanting a "None" option, if they haven't preordered any, why are they bothering with this poll???
    I like that kind of thinking! Polls that only offer positive-options are a bit one-sided. You could craft future polls like this one was so that the results always support a positive result. Dissenting opinions should be tolerated; manufacturers should welcome criticism in order to better improve product or services. By voting "none" I can send Sideshow, Hasbro, etc., that I for one am not happy with their product or business practices.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    Polls that only offer positive-options are a bit one-sided.
    Reminds me of The Colbert Report, "President Bush... great, or greatest president?"
    plasticfetish.net

Exactly, PF

Thanks to JT and Steve for modifying the poll!
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    I like that kind of thinking! Polls that only offer positive-options are a bit one-sided. You could craft future polls like this one was so that the results always support a positive result. Dissenting opinions should be tolerated; manufacturers should welcome criticism in order to better improve product or services. By voting "none" I can send Sideshow, Hasbro, etc., that I for one am not happy with their product or business practices.
    So you want to turn this poll asking Sideshow SW collectors how many of the 8 they ordered into something else, a statement about how you don't like something? That doesn't seem very fair, that seems kinda selfish really. This poll has nothing to do with "crafting a positive result", it had everything to do with finding out how many of the 8 available were collectors preordering. You want to send messages to these companies that you're dissatisfied? Draft a letter and tell them what you don't like, or just post a thread in the Dear Sideshow forum, don't just come here to ruin our poll.

My ulterior motive here wasn't to skew the results, it was to present an interesting and positive poll for the readers since last week's was a much more serious "downer" poll. Not everything can be a "screw you company!!!" poll, sorry to disappoint you guys on that.
    Last edited by JediTricks; 02-08-2006 at 02:45 PM.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I voted NONE.

I DO think this should be an option. As well, we that voted NONE can specifically state why. This would give Sideshow free market research and see where they went wrong.

For me there are two mitigating factors why I haven't bought any of this line and they are the same as nearly everyone else who hasn't bought them.

Too high in price
    Exclusive versions

A note to the exclusive part. I believe it's a prevailing belief that exclusives are hurting the hoby rather than helping. some deem exclusives as the reward for trying the hardest to buy the product. Others say differently. We all know there are those who seek out these exclusives to resell at a much higher price for a hefty profit.

Yes there is a feeling of entitlement among we collectors. And why the heck not. There are a good many of us who have been collecting since 1977, but that fact shouldn't exclude those who started later either. Fact is we would happily by the more expensive items if we KNEW we could get them. I personally am not in this for competition and it certainly feels like a competition when you have to hurry up log on and try to beat others to a very limited run.
    What about those who have slow internet connections, or those who are working at the time of the release of the product and CAN'T surf the net while at work.

My belief regarding the Sideshow line is thus.
    Don't make an exclusive version at all OR leave the time to order exclusives at at least 24 hours. Then ANYONE during that time who orders has the option of ordering the exclusive one. Sideshow can them produce the exclusives accordingly as opposed to many people being upset that they couldn't order due to whatever factors, some of which stated above.

Many of us are dedicated collectors, but there are times when the opportunity just isn't there to be as dedicated because real-life circumstance kep us from doing the fun things.

To put this in perspective, SIdeshow lost many customers otu of the gate because of the limited run, the imited availability of the exclusive and the high price.

I can easily afford the figures, but in this line I wanted to be a completist. There's nothing wrong with that and Sideshow could have made it very easy for that to happen for those of us who wanted to collect their line this way.

Because Sieshow chose to make these limited runs, they may feel they aren't losing money due to the figures being sold out, but just for a moment think how much more money they could have made were they to have made it easier to get their prodcut, especially the exclusives.

So in conclusion, the option of None is highly appropriate. For me it is too late to collect the Sideshow line. Even were they to change the process and make the exclusives more widely available, since I didn't get any of the others, I won't start collecting them now.

Simply put, MONEY lost on Sideshow's part.

-Sal
    Move along, move along

Sal,

The only exclusive I got was the Obi-Wan because Grievous' blaster was cool and worth it. I also got a regular Obi-Wan because he is just cool. My Kit and Anakin will be regular versions. I don't know what their excusivity was anyway.

With Han, I'm going for the rumored Mynock - or I fell for a joke around here. I don't care. But there are waiting lists for folks who didn't get the exclusives and from what I've heard, they work. There are also Online retailers who ordered the exclusive who you can in turn, order from them.

I haven't gotten any of my 4 figures yet, but I prejudge them well from what I've seen. I'm also not a completist: I didn't need a ROTJ Luke for any reason.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller

What is the deal with the polls of late. The option for those of *us* not participating at all is left out of the poll. In this case, ZERO!!!!
    Not everything is about *you*.
    I fight for the people.........
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!