View Poll Results: How Many Sideshow 12" Figures Have You Preordered?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll

33 14.41%

23 10.04%

15 6.55%

76 33.19%

23 10.04%

6 2.62%

3 1.31%

15 6.55%

0 0%

1 0.44%
  • None

34 14.85%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    There are more than one way to have "I hate __(place the company name here)____" messages heard. A few alternatives that I can think of right off the top of my head would be to suggest a poll that asks why you didn't buy them if you didn't and add an "other" vote so that your specific reason will be covered even if it is not listed.

Another that I can think of is to start a thread about it. If (place the company name here) truly monitors these forums, then they will get the point a lot more clearly, AND it will be easier for them to find.

To presume to demand the altering of another person's work to twist it's use to your own ends is actually quite arrogant.

Disclaimer: This is intended to be friendly advice, not a chastisement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Sal,

The only exclusive I got was the Obi-Wan because Grievous' blaster was cool and worth it. I also got a regular Obi-Wan because he is just cool. My Kit and Anakin will be regular versions. I don't know what their excusivity was anyway.

With Han, I'm going for the rumored Mynock - or I fell for a joke around here. I don't care. But there are waiting lists for folks who didn't get the exclusives and from what I've heard, they work. There are also Online retailers who ordered the exclusive who you can in turn, order from them.

I haven't gotten any of my 4 figures yet, but I prejudge them well from what I've seen. I'm also not a completist: I didn't need a ROTJ Luke for any reason.

Oh I know there's other outlets for buying this stuff, but when given the opportunity to buy direct from the manufacturer, that's the route I much rather prefer. Besides with most e-tailers there's some mark-up associated. I shouldn't have to pay extra because I wasn't as quick to the take as they.

Actually I have to say that I'm happy that I didn't get these. It's opened up other options of collecting for me. That extra money saved here has been applied to mroe figures, Unleashed mini battle packs and GG Mini-busts and Bust-UPs.

So to that degree I guess I should thank Sideshow. Though to think that cash could have been there's instead...
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    I fight for the people.........
    Thank you, Larry H. Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cruel
    There are more than one way to have "I hate __(place the company name here)____" messages heard. A few alternatives that I can think of right off the top of my head would be to suggest a poll that asks why you didn't buy them if you didn't and add an "other" vote so that your specific reason will be covered even if it is not listed.

Another that I can think of is to start a thread about it. If (place the company name here) truly monitors these forums, then they will get the point a lot more clearly, AND it will be easier for them to find.

To presume to demand the altering of another person's work to twist it's use to your own ends is actually quite arrogant.

Disclaimer: This is intended to be friendly advice, not a chastisement.
    Right on DC!

Quote Originally Posted by jms
    As well, we that voted NONE can specifically state why. This would give Sideshow free market research and see where they went wrong.
    Selling out in a matter of hours doesn't seem like they went too wrong to me, and maybe this poll should be about the collectors rather than trying to get feedback to SSC - maybe it's a sign of how desparate people are for their voices to be heard, but my first duty is to the forums, not SSC's marketing department. And like I said before, not everything is about "you", sometimes it's about others, if I had closed the thread to posting and you could only vote, you couldn't even have explained your 0 vote. I don't see anybody complaining that I haven't started a poll about Kotobukiya or Code 3 or Master Replicas or Medicom, yet they're all FAR worse offenders in many ways than Sideshow Collectibles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    With Han, I'm going for the rumored Mynock - or I fell for a joke around here.
    Mynock is confirmed, shown on the SW.com site (check the news today and you'll see it at or near the top), it's got a magnetic sucker-shaped mouth.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

LOL - I'm a "magnetic sucker" for these, JT.

BTW: I remember Larry H. Parker's commercials on TV. I think it's a SoCal thing and others won't get the joke. He was an ambulance chasing lawyer on TV a lot in the 1980's / 1990's.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSal
    Actually I have to say that I'm happy that I didn't get these. It's opened up other options of collecting for me. That extra money saved here has been applied to mroe figures, Unleashed mini battle packs and GG Mini-busts and Bust-UPs.

So to that degree I guess I should thank Sideshow. Though to think that cash could have been there's instead...
    Our collecting habits are changing outside of 3 3/4". Of course you and I couldn't army-build in the same STATE, but I am not buying GG busts (they're nice, but I never got into that because of mostly space, but also money). I also decided not to do Unleashed Mini's (even though I just saw Aayla, Yoda, Chewie, and Tarful today - nice) But I'm voting with my dollars that I don't like the size change. 12" was something I did since Hasbro had the license.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Larry H. Parker *still* airs ads on TV today, crazy huh? I guess with a 91% success rate, he can afford to be the best sleazy TV lawyer ever.

"Larry H. Parker got me 2.1 million dollars!"
    "I'm Larry H. Parker and I'll FIGHT for YOU!!!!"

I knew this was gonna happen, but didn't accomodate for it. Today we have yet another SSC figure come up for preorder and there's no way I can change all the votes to accomodate that. I don't think I should start a new poll either, but I guess I should add 9 and 10 options though.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I want a Larry H. Parker action figure, myself!

- look: I've had a personal injury. I think it's brain damage!

(I am definitely in a position to claim this)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Think you're gonna have to sue yourself Tycho. I know some people that went to High School with L.H. Parker's daughter -- said that she was nice, but that she looked like a young female version of her Dad. (I'm sure this LHP talk is really exciting for our non-Southern California friends. )

...and you can add one more figure to my count. I bit and ordered the "exclusive" Han this morning.
    plasticfetish.net

Ewwww, Lady H. Parker!

Ok, I tell you guys what, anybody who has ordered Han and/or Han SE, post what your original vote was and what your new count is and I will add them to the poll.

...that includes you PF, you gotta tell me what your original vote was, I'm not looking up your old post to find out, too much work for me, I've been on the site for 6 hours straight.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    too much work for me, I've been on the site for 6 hours straight.
    Why? What's going on?

My vote was 2, but now it's 3. (Unless another really nice OT character with another cool magnetic critter is offered, that's more than likely where I'm staying.)
    plasticfetish.net

First it was Han preorder, then lots of Toy Fair stuff to deal with. I'm wearing out though, in the Lego SW 2 game story I just posted, I put "greatist hits" instead of "greatest". It's been a hard couple of days.

I'm exactly the same, so I changed our vote count right now from 2 to 3, so 23 to 21 and then 13 to 15 respectively. It'll still be italic for 2 for the both of us, I can't change that, but the counts now reflect the proper number.

BTW, I set this poll to expire in 2 weeks as I often do, and that's the day that Mace goes on preorder, so I narrowly dodged THAT bullet!