View Poll Results: How Many Sideshow 12" Figures Have You Preordered?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll

33 14.41%

23 10.04%

15 6.55%

76 33.19%

23 10.04%

6 2.62%

3 1.31%

15 6.55%

0 0%

1 0.44%
  • None

34 14.85%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

How Many Sideshow 12" Figures Have You Preordered?

Sideshow Collectibles' line of 12" Star Wars figures has quickly cast itself into focus, despite the line having yet to ship 1 single piece. Since November of last year, Sideshow has made 4 fantastic-looking 12" figures available for preorder, and with a 5th due at the end of this week the pace of the preorder reveals seems to be picking up. Each figure has been made available in regular format and a Sideshow Exclusive limited edition, making for 8 total figure preorders so far:

- Luke ROTJ
    - Luke ROTJ SE
    - Anakin ROTS
    - Anakin ROTS SE
    - Obi-Wan ROTS
    - Obi-Wan ROTS SE
    - Kit Fisto
    - Kit Fisto SE

So, how many of the Sideshow Collectibles 12" Star Wars figures have you preordered to date?

NONE. everytime I try they are soldout. Plus I haven't liked the facial sculpts with the exception of Anakin.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Why no choice for 0? thats what I would pcik...
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Managed to get the last 3 exclusives. Missed out on the exclusive Luke, but got one recently by putting myself on the wait list right away. Still have the regular Luke from my initial order too. That's a total of 5 confirmed (6 if I count Aragorn) I have heard that it will be easy to take them out of their packaging without damaging the box for loose display or MIB, so repeats might not be necessary. Wonder how that will work out? If so I might cancel the regular Luke.

ZERO!

I will not collect Sideshow product due to their practice of making exclusive alternate versions of nearly every figure.

The high price point is also a contributing factor. I won't pay $6-7 for a 4" figure any more than I'd pay $20+ for a 12" one.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I voted for 2, I got the Luke exclusive and the Obi-Wan exclusive, those were the only ones that spoke to me, I figure the others can entice me in person or not end up in my collection, either is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Why no choice for 0? thats what I would pcik...
    I didn't think it was germane to say "how many have you NOT preordered?" But since Steve came up with the idea of this poll and he likes to listen to you complainers I added a "none" option for you guys to vote on.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff
    What is the deal with the polls of late. The option for those of us not participating at all is left out of the poll. In this case, ZERO!!!!
    Not everything is about *you*.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanamatt
    Ok, kinda ironic that most that did not order even one have voted in this poll...

Ok, am I the only one pumped for this line?
    I am also glad we have a real 12" line on our hands finally. I don't get why most of the people posting in this thread are going on about wanting a "None" option, if they haven't preordered any, why are they bothering with this poll???

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th
    I have heard that it will be easy to take them out of their packaging without damaging the box for loose display or MIB, so repeats might not be necessary. Wonder how that will work out? If so I might cancel the regular Luke.
    Well, if you saw the blog pics, it's a 2-sided non-sealed clamshell tray, so you slide the tray out and pull the top away from the bottom, it's probably the single most collector-friendly packaging ever, perfect for opening and replacing the figure. Whether it'll work as advertised I dunno but I believe it will. I had been considering getting regular Luke too but with the packaging revealed have decided against it, at least for now.

Darth Cruel, dang dude, I totally didn't see that one coming. Aren't these like 1 per customer though?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Darth Cruel, dang dude, I totally didn't see that one coming. Aren't these like 1 per customer though?
    After the priority pre-order, they up the maximum on the regular edition to 2. I got the extras and will continue to until I get one that someone will trade for the exclusive edition Luke or enough of the regular edition ones to make back all the extra money I will have to spend to get one on ebay.

Well I ordered an extra-regular Obi-Wan from Amok Time.

I also ordered Anakin from them.

If SS makes a worthy Palpatine, I'll pose him kneeling down over Hasbro's fried-head on Anakin from their E3 12".

I came to my decision by resizing the screens and comparing Hasbro's 12" Anakin next to SS's, along with Obi-Wan Kenobi from SS. There was no question.

So I'm now up to 4 SS figures:

2 Obi-Wan (regular and SSE)
    1 Anakin
    1 Kit Fisto

And I'll buy Han Bespin SSE on Friday I hope (or regular Han if I'm not fast enough).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I am also glad we have a real 12" line on our hands finally. I don't get why most of the people posting in this thread are going on about wanting a "None" option, if they haven't preordered any, why are they bothering with this poll???
    I like that kind of thinking! Polls that only offer positive-options are a bit one-sided. You could craft future polls like this one was so that the results always support a positive result. Dissenting opinions should be tolerated; manufacturers should welcome criticism in order to better improve product or services. By voting "none" I can send Sideshow, Hasbro, etc., that I for one am not happy with their product or business practices.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)