Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

During the Super Bowl, they aired this trailer:

http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/t...uper_bowl.html

I never read the Alan Moore graphic novel, so I was pretty in-the-dark about the project, knowing only that it had Natalie Portman, Hugo "Agent Smith" Weaving, and the director was the Assistant Director on Episode II, the Matrix trilogy, and Dark City (which means he's likely either talented or Australian ).

But that trailer during the SuperBowl knocked my socks off, I only hope the movie is as good as the trailer suggests. It was a short ad but made an outstand impact, John Hurt has only a few seconds of airtime yet seemed to be doing an amazing job with it, "... Governments should be afraid of their people" floored me, and then a bunch of explosions. In a way, I'm glad they held this back from its original release date last year because it deserves more exposure than it was going to get.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

No one's started a thread on this yet?

I saw a different trailer at Comic Con, and got the graphic novel shortly afterward. It's an interesting read. It's not bad, but it's no Watchmen. And Moore admits that it took nearly a decade to complete the entire story, and at times he didn't know where it was going.

However, I can see how a good script based on the graphic novel and edited to a normal length (1.5-3 hours) could be an incredible movie.

This movie is going to cause more political controversy than Revenge of the Sith and its veiled criticisms of the current administration. But it's an important cautionary fable, and from what I've seen (the Super Bowl trailer was a high point in an otherwise unremarkable batch of Super Bowl commercials), it should be incredible.

PS: Dark City = the movie The Matrix was ripped off from.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I find it funny that some pundits are already labelling the movie as politically pointed towards the current administration when the comic was written over 20 years ago - maybe if one sees parallels between the administration and the film's "cautionary" tale about a fascist British government, they should look at the administration's behaviorinstead of the 2-decade-old story.

The movie itself looks like a great time at the theater, I rarely see movies anymore but this is definitely one I wanna see.

Dark City was awesome, I missed it in theaters and had to find out how good it was on basic cable. Dark City and The Matrix were filmed at the same Australian studios and even share a few sets.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I dont know much about this movie either JT, but I'm REALLY excited to see it! I'll try to keep from crying when they shave Natalie's head.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Supposedly, that was one of the things Nat wanted to do most about this movie, so I don't mind. To be honest, I think it works better for her in what we've seen of the movie than it did for Sigorney Weaver in Alien3.

I'm really surprised there aren't more people interested in this film.

I saw this trailer for the first time the other day at the movies watching Hostel. It was the ONLY thing worthwhile that entire trip to the movies! It looks fantastic! I also have never read the comix but it sure looks good and maybe I'll read them after? Anyway, I'm excited about the DC movies coming out this year.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I've been interested for quite a while and even more so since I saw the original trailer.
    I was bummed it was bumped from last November to March, but it may get better exposure this way.
    The reviews I've read have been, for the most part, extremely positive.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Apparently the Superbowl trailers for Pirates of the Carribean 2 and Mission Impossible 3 scored more interest than this one, which is too bad. I mean, POTC2 should be good as the first film was good, but I thought it wasn't much of a trailer, and we've been seeing it for weeks already. And how can anybody be excited by the MI:3 trailer? Weren't you burned enough by MI:2???

Gezse I thought there might be more of a thread for this movie. I'm totally psyched for this movie. I won't go see it tomorrow (I never see movie opening night), but maybe on Sunday. This movie looks like it will totally rock.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I'm either gonna see it tomorrow or Saturday at my local moviehouse, I am so psyched! But yeah, the buzz seems to be a low murmur at this point, and a March release date seems very odd, so I'm just hoping this one does catch people's attention and turn out to be very good.