Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tony Kornheiser joins Monday Night Football team.

Tony Kornheiser joins Monday Night Football team.

I'm not a fan of him or his PTI counterpart Micheal Wilbon and think it's a poor choice.

Discuss.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I haven't seen PTI recently, but he wasn't that bad. Joe Thiesman is the poor choice of that group.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Kornheiser will be a colorful character to the 3 man team. I do not think he will last very long since he hates flying. Personally, I despise the entire MNF change from ABC to ESPN anyway..but that is another topic. Tony will be good, better than tHEISMAN.

Might as well bring back Dennis Miller too.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

dennis miller gets my vote anyday over rush limbaugh. face it MNF leaving ABC and heading to cable is gonna be a major disappointment. that fact alone will keep me from watching. but with the commentators they have signed up, i'm just as glad that i don't get cable.

too bad madden's moving to NBC. i realize he was a great coach, but i've always thought he was a horrible commentator.

It's not gonna be the same. For me, Monday nites during the fall have always been defined by Al Michaels' voice.

I hate to say it, but I have a feeling it won't do as well on ESPN. I think alot of "purists" will stay away from it. Most of the time I watched MNF just because "that's the thing to do on Monday nites", not because there's a good game on (because let's face it: they usually aren't). But now that it's gonna be different, I'm not sure it'll mean as much to me. At least hockey season starts in October
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

With ABC and ESPN both owned by the same company they figured what the hell, lets do it, either way they are still making the money. I most likely wont watch it. They also did it for the High Definition reason. With alot of cable and Sat companies not offering HD locals in all markets, this is the best way for them to get it to them in HD.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I don't think Kornheiser is too bad, although I was a bit shocked to hear that he was going to be one of the announcers. I am sure he can add more to the program than Madden's incoherant babbling.

Oh, and if you guys don't have NFL Network you need to get it asap. I just realized that not only will they start broadcasting nfl games this fall, but during the spring and summer they air the nfl combines, draft synopsis, summer practices, and even management meetings. Man, what a great channel. I've only had it for about 4 months now but I already know I couldn't live without it!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

i don't have cable and so i'll be listening to Marv Albert and Boomer's radio coverage. there were too many games where Madden and Michaels just mailed it in (ravens/packers towards the end of the season) and so i won't really miss them. raise your hand if you're tired of Mr. Hall of Fame's "brett favre is such a warrior" blah blah...turducken...blah blah

btw, dr. z of SI has a great column in which he critiques all the football commentators out there. i'll try to find a link
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

[FONT=Times New Roman]I have no problem with Kornheizer, My biggest problem with MNF is that they kept Joe Theisman. Listening to that guy makes me want to swallow my own [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]tongue[/FONT]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]It's Beer!! Hooray Beer!!![/FONT]