Animated style for the OT

I know this is a long shot, but it never hurts to ask...

The animated style for the Clone Wars figures is really, well, cool! Any chance of giving the classic characters the same treatment? I've been wondering how Vader or Tarkin might look as "animated" figures. Even Jabba and Fett! On the larger side, the Rancor, Bantha, and the Dewback would be great animated!

Please toss that around the boardroom...thanks!

Who knows SK, if the cartoon that's planned has OT characters in it, we may just see them made. But it would be a two year wait at least.
    Move along, move along

Call me nuts, but I think animated-style figures for characters who appeared in animated form (Holiday Special, Ewoks, Droids) should resemble the cartoons that are already out there.

Of course, they'd rock either way.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

My intial reaction to the Animated style was mixed. First because the 3 3/4 line was already established and the figures would look funny next to them. Second I wasn't really a big fan of the Japanese inspired animation, I like animation that looks like real people. Don't get me wrong I like the Manga style art, but not in a action figure form.
    but I have to say that now since I bought a few, I would be interested to see how the OT would look done up in an animated style.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Call me nuts, but I think animated-style figures for characters who appeared in animated form (Holiday Special, Ewoks, Droids) should resemble the cartoons that are already out there.

Of course, they'd rock either way.
    Well, then we already have R2, 3PO, and Fett from the Droids cartoon and we have Wicket from the Ewoks one.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    Well, then we already have R2, 3PO, and Fett from the Droids cartoon and we have Wicket from the Ewoks one.
    Droids Fett, R2, and 3PO have the regular "real" sculpts from their movie figures, just painted in cartoony colors, that doesn't count.

Ewoks Wicket counts since he has cartoony sculpting, but it's a very different style.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Kenner didn't bother repainting Fett to resemble the cartoon version, the normal "movie" figure was just repackaged on a DROIDS card. Too bad though, I would love to have a cartoony Fett, even if it was just a repaint.

I like the animated Clone Wars figures too, but like Dark Artist, I prefer western style art for characters rather than anime/manga art. I'd still give 'animated' repaints of any OT figures serious consideration.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    Kenner didn't bother repainting Fett to resemble the cartoon version, the normal "movie" figure was just repackaged on a DROIDS card. Too bad though, I would love to have a cartoony Fett, even if it was just a repaint.

I like the animated Clone Wars figures too, but like Dark Artist, I prefer western style art for characters rather than anime/manga art. I'd still give 'animated' repaints of any OT figures serious consideration.
    It's not a cartoony paint job, true, tho Thrawn says it is different paint and a different helmet...
    Droids listing: http://systems.figures.com/database/...=5&sitemid=510
    Droids photo: http://www.figures.com/archives/images/27/13827.jpg

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thrawn is probably right about the Fett paint variations since some other sites report that as well. However, I'm not sure about Kenner retooling/resculpting the figure for the DROIDS line.

His description of the DROIDS Fett seems more appropriate for the unreleased Power of the Force Fett. Check out the photo sample of the carded POTF Fett over on toysrgus.com and do a side by side comparison with the carded DROIDS Fett in the SSG database.

The unreleased POTF Fett appears to have been resculpted; his helmet does seem "smaller and pointier" than the DROIDS version.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

They look the same to me. what do I know about vintage kenner though?