Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Star Trek: Voyager

I really like this series. I think it's my favorite crew. The show has a cuteness factor that plays well. So far I've watched a little of Season 1 and I'm enjoying myself. I miss this show from back in the good 'ol days.

Tuvok
    Janeway
    Chakotay
    Torres
    Kim
    Tom Paris
    Holo-Doc
    even Neelix and Kes added something in retrospect
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Wow, I am really surprised to hear you say it's your favorite crew, especially since DS9 is your favorite series. I found just about everything in VOY to be lacking, even Enterprise worked better for me and I didn't really like that show much either.

I still can't believe they were on the brink of giving the EMH his own name halfway into the series, Dr Zimmerman, they even added it to the Closed Captions, but pulled it at the last minute. That was really odd.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I really liked Voyager because it expanded where NextGen left off. Especially with the Borg. Being one of my favorite villans, it was great to see them go into deeper depth with the Borg and reveal a great deal of their mystery. The way the series finale went down, Guinan would have been proud.

True, the acting was lacking and the charachters were thin but of what story arcs were good were really good and extremely solid. The best of all the series'.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I didn't like where they took the Borg though, they made the Borg stupider and more "human" and vulnerable, they took something that we really couldn't fully understand and dumbed it down to fit the limited nature of the show. Plus, they gave the Borg transwarp which seemed pretty odd considering they didn't use it before (except when Lore helped them add it to their offspring humanized group).

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm rewatching all seasons of Voyager (in chron order with DS9 and TNG movies) so I'll keep my eye on the Borg as I revisit them. They aren't prominent until 4th Season of Voyager and First Contact is just prior to that IIRC. Maybe Lore added to their technological improvements and they got Transwarp from him, but cut off their emotional confusion that Hugh added to the collective from Picard's abortive attempt to make an individual out of him? I'll be watching for inconsistancies, but I think right now it's premature to comment (for me).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

All the Borg that were under Lore's command were individuals and emotionally confused, my good Crosis (dunno why, but that Borg's name always sticks with me).

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    my good Crosis (dunno why, but that Borg's name always sticks with me).
    Because its a cool name.

I have more of an optimistic view on what Janeway did with the Borg. I don't see that they dumbed down the Borg, Janeway and crew just got smarter and ballsier. I believe it was her courage and smarts that got to the Borg's underbelly. Just because we couldn't see it when we first met them didn't mean it wasn't there. I certainly believe it was not easily accesible, the way the show portrayed it. I remember when I first saw Janeway go aboard the Borg vessel to negotiate for safe passage. I thought to myself, "SHE IS FRIGGIN' NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!" But as it went down, I thought, "WOW, what genius."
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

They just happened to get smarter and better with the Borg than the Enterprise which had a more powerful ship and 10 times the crew to work on the problems PLUS the entire Starfleet which had been working on the Borg problem unsuccessfully for years. I didn't buy it.

Meanwhile, might I bring up Ceska? She was a cool villain character. I like what they did with her and the Maquis-Cardassian-Kazon epic.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    They just happened to get smarter and better with the Borg than the Enterprise which had a more powerful ship and 10 times the crew to work on the problems PLUS the entire Starfleet which had been working on the Borg problem unsuccessfully for years. I didn't buy it.
    survival is a great motivator. in the alpha quadrant they've got all the backup they need. these guys are on their own, battling new threats every day. TNG crew grew soft on exploring the already-explored. that's why i liked voyager better than TNG. it had more of an original series feel to it, that they were REALLY in peril.

of course, i'm a casual viewer of trek so you can take my comments or leave them as you like.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope