Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Arc-170, Imperial Shuttle, Jango's Slave 1 and the Falcon...

...anyone else see them on Hasbro's Toyfair 2006 Sneak-Peak page?

I did

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/ne...dn/default.cfm

INteresting...

The ARC looks silly in vehicle mode, IMHO...

I wish Hasbro would make the ships in proportion and not just a likeness of them (i.e. the X-Wing, Darth's TIE- hec- ALL of them so far...)

Sort of like an Alternators line but for Star Wars.

Any thoughts?

The wings on the ARC-170/clonetrooper are attached upside-down, so they angle up insead of down and have the guns on the top instead of bottom. This is VERY common for Toy Fair, they're always in a rush to get displays together. I'm not going to judge the vehicle mode just yet, it could be a bad camera angle, that's happened before, I'll wait and see what Steve comes up with in photos.

Jango looks nice, but the Imp Shuttle vehicle mode looks really good (its top wing is attached backwards tho'! ) but the bot mode looks iffy, I want to see more before deciding.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wow-

Good eye! I didn't even notice those OBVIOUS flaws (the backward Shuttle wing, the upside-down ARC Guns)...doesn't Hasbro have anyone working for them that will NOTICE this stuff?

Weird.

Who is the Shuttle supposed to be in Robot Mode, anyway? The ARC is a Clone Pilot I see...

It's interesting that they have those toys there but they don't have the Sith "Infiltration" (hehe) or the Boba Fett Slave 1 shown-

And where ARE the Titaniums in these pics- am I missing them?

And WHY OH WHY ARE THEY MAKING ANOTHER R5-D4 in the 3 3/4 LINE? WHY??? That droid HAS to be THE BIGGEST Peg Warmer OF ALL TIME!

ARGH!

I'm done.

I got my Vader TF the other day and I have to admit- against all better judgement- I LIKE it I guess I'm hooked on the SW TF's

Those look cool. I dont know what the general consensus is on these guys, but i like them alot. Given how much can be done with the ships and bot modes i think they work out well. Its not perfect, but its not terrible either.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar
    And WHY OH WHY ARE THEY MAKING ANOTHER R5-D4 in the 3 3/4 LINE? WHY??? That droid HAS to be THE BIGGEST Peg Warmer OF ALL TIME!
    You ARE joking, aren't you??
    Move along, move along

...actually, I'm not joking about the R5-D4.

I just remember 1997 is all. I have 8 variations of the launching R5-D4 alone...and the rest sat on the pegs for nigh a year in my state.

Ugh.

We got Hasbro Toy Fair pics *very* early after they set up, it's a rush-rush thing for them and they have a LOT to cover, plus I don't think the people working the booth know exactly what's what. They make mistakes, stuff gets mailed in late so it doesn't show on the first day, and it's not just them, LEGO and Mattel go through this every year.

Shuttle is Palpatine, unfortunately. Good looking transformer marred by a weird character choice. I'll get it for the vehicle and bot modes, not the character it represents.

If we were discussing this in the thread about the SSG coverage of these things, I think I may have said some of this already.

Titaniums are in the Titaniums section, not SWTFs, but TF Titaniums are on our affiliate site's, BWTF.com, footage: http://69.93.119.2/photos3/showgallery.php?cat=3012

BTW, as for R5-D4, I don't respect any collector who went after all those silly card and activation tab variations. You know why they're redoing R5-D4? BECAUSE THE FIRST ONE WAS SUCH A PIECE OF CRAP!!! DUUUUUHHH!

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Shuttle is Palpatine, unfortunately.
    I'm glad someone knows, since it's all but impossible to figure out otherwise.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    BTW, as for R5-D4, I don't respect any collector who went after all those silly card and activation tab variations. You know why they're redoing R5-D4? BECAUSE THE FIRST ONE WAS SUCH A PIECE OF CRAP!!! DUUUUUHHH!
    So, you don't respect me and hundreds of others who went after them because they were obsessive completists?

Bad show, old chap- bad show. I get the feeling you're none too found of me

Ah well.

Honestly, all peg-warming aside, the original POTF2 R5-D4 is a good case study in Hasbro's figure evolution- especially since the card variants and missle tab variants were all deliberate with nothing being "accidental." Personally, I got probably half of the variants of that figure that I did find simply because I was buying one to open and noticed that the closed one I had was distinctly different...so I kept on buying them until I finally found 2 that were alike. By then, the figure was on a non-holo Green Card and on close-out, and it remained that way for EONS.

Granted, the original Vintage R5-D4 was better than the missle firing one, but, eh I dunno...I suspect this new one will linger a lot.

Funny thing is, with all the R2 units that Hasbro is FINALLY making, doesn't it feel a bit like "too little, too late?" It does to me

So, you don't respect me and hundreds of others who went after them because they were obsessive completists?

Bad show, old chap- bad show. I get the feeling you're none too found of me
    Oh don't be such a wag WS, that sentence of mine ended on a face. Though come to think of it, there were 13 separate variations at least of a *bad* figure, anybody who bought them all doesn't deserve the right to complain about a new version 10 years later in my book. CRY ME A FREAKIN' RIVER!

Seriouly though, I don't think those variations were on purpose, they couldn't get their stuff together back then, I can't believe the incompetence that ran that line could make such a masterstroke of genius, they're the same goobers who buried stores in Malakili figures!!! Where was the variation to move that loser?