Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SSG toy fair Vintage Saga Collection coverage

Here's the link to the photo gallery for the VTSC figures:

This is just Saturday's coverage, SSG will be covering more throughout the Toy Fair event.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The Biker Scout looks absolutely awesome!! Finally the perfect Biker Scout!

Trenchcoat Han looks really good also (Harrison was getting a little thick in the midsection by ROTJ, and it's great to see the figure reflect that).

Those are the only two I'm worrying about this year. I'm not that interested in Luke, the Tusken or Greedo (I'm absolutely NOT interested in the LucasTrooper).

Now we just need a more accurate Speeder Bike and a couple more Ewoks, to keep Chirpa company, to make 2006 complete.

I'm happy with the Biker Scout too, now that I've seen the loose pics. Han is better than I'd thought, same with Greedo - it's hard to tell with the Tusken. I'm really NOT liking Luke yet, but that could change. It's the same old head sculpt from the POTJ, from what I can see.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

The only one I'm leary about is the Tusken. The robes just look way too bulky. I hope it's not the case but I would assume that these display pieces are what the production ones will look like.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Is it just me or is the Biker Scout's left forearm put in backwards?

Luke is still meh. The joints are too big but he does look better loose.

Han is nothing short of fantastic! Great face sculpt. I like how the coat has some weathering/alternate coloring to it.

The Biker Scout's head looks about a thousand times better than in the carded pic. Great job on this one.

I like the articulation on Greedo, though the vest is still stoooooopid. Though it can easily be replaced with an old plastic one.

The Tusken's robe is still stupidly large. Hopefully with some fiddlin' it will look better. Or it can just be removed for a PT Tusken.

I'm liking these better than when I first saw them, thankfully.

All the softgoods are crap. Plain and simple. We'll see when we get them if they can be made to look half good but whoever sets up these displays clearly isn't arsed.

Softgoods aside though, the Han figure looks brilliant. I can't wait to get this one. The likeness is definitely one of the best and I hope it translates into the mass production figure. I also hope the inevitable ball joint neck doesn't wreck the jaw&hair lines - there were no profile shots as far as I could see. The figure underneath the coat looks nicely SA.

The biker scout looks cool. The seeming obesity of the packaged photo looks to have gone along with what really did look like the POTJ head.

Any word on how much these will retail for? $10 or $6-7?

I like the luke. That is definitely a new head sculpt without the open buck-toothed mouth. Greedo's holster is cool, but I am not sure if that is enough for me to get him. I like han, Biker, and raider.

B.
    TDV
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarthVader
    Any word on how much these will retail for? $10 or $6-7?

I like the luke. That is definitely a new head sculpt without the open buck-toothed mouth. Greedo's holster is cool, but I am not sure if that is enough for me to get him. I like han, Biker, and raider.

B.
    TDV
    Probably about $12 each.

The Biker Scouts will always look a little pudgey, it's those two pouches on their midsection that make them appear that way.

I think the soft goods on Han's trenchcoat is really the only acceptable way to produce this figure. Making the coat out of sculpted plastic just turns him into a salt-shaker like the crappy POTF2 version.

they're 11.99 in target's system.

i don't really want the lucas stormtrooper but i'll probably be buying all 5 of these and so i might as well send away for it. my favorites are the scout, luke and han. the vintage biker scout was one of my favorite figures as a child and so it's nice to get an ultimate version of him.
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion