Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

SSG's Toy Fair Titanium Series Coverage

3" Vehicles, Ultra 6" Vehicles, and Figures, Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica (Steve didn't include the Transformers with the SSG coverage, I think he is putting it on figures.com instead)...

We'll be adding more as the show goes on. As you can see, Battlestar Galactica's Galactica is the only new 6" mold. I'll be honest, the 3" BSG vehicles are more exciting to me than the SW ones, so that's pretty excited!

No idea what the crazy new paint on the Falcon is about.

TIE Interceptor is the SW 3" I'm most excited to see.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    No idea what the crazy new paint on the Falcon is about.

TIE Interceptor is the SW 3" I'm most excited to see.
    I think it's the paint deco from Revenge of the Sith. Remember how it was included as an "easter egg" when Palpatine's shuttle comes in for a landing right after the Battle of Coruscant. I think it's supposed to be the pre-Lando version of the Falcon.

Agreed on the TIE Interceptor. Once that's released, we'll have the entire cinematic TIE fleet in the Titanium line.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Well, I had a feeling that the Gold Vader Tie was going to be a Toy Fair exclusive, and the picture just comfirmed it. Bummer, No chance of getting that one easily. There is already a couple on eBay getting massive bids. I really like the Interceptor and Battlestar Galactica ships.

The 6" Titanium "Action Fleet" Galactica starship from "Battlestar Galactica 2003" is awesome. Can't wait. The small Galacticas are great too. The never made before in this scale (3") Tie Interceptor rocks ! They're getting better and better.

I'm quite sure we will see the gold Tie in stores later...
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

It says "convention exclusive" so I don't think you can count out the Gold DV TIE just yet, I can't say for sure which else but I am pretty sure it's going to be at a general-audience convention this year, don't panic and order 'em off ebay.

I don't remember the Falcon looking any different in that scene, just same gray. Maybe this is a regular, non-modified YT-1300.
    Last edited by JediTricks; 02-12-2006 at 02:38 AM.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

*Panic ensues*

DANG IT! I'M NOT MISSING THIS GOLD VADER TIE LIKE I MISSED THE CELEBRATION X-WING!!!

...though I do wonder WHY Hasbro lists an MSRP of $9.99 on their web site for it?

As for the 6" Galactica- I take it THAT is the NEW series' Galactica? It looks like poo...then again, I like the OLD Series' Galactica a LOT

TIE Interceptor=YES!!!

Blue A-Wing=YES!!! (I LOVE A-WINGS- mostly due to X-Wing vs. TIE- fastest ships in the fleet )

Luke on Endor Speeder Bike= NO! But oh well.

The wonky looking Falcon=Probably a limited one- like the Clone Wars Gunship I'll bet. I didn't see this ship in ROTS (Easter Egg, eh? Where *exactly?*) so yeah.

-Republic Cruiser with WASH on it? MIGHT be cool- that ship may benefit from a detail paint wash...we'll see. Glad to see it back, though

I wonder what Wave (waves?) these will all be in?

Variation list update will be COOL this month (on or about 2/22 )

Because at other conventions they'll probably be selling it for that price, otherwise they wouldn't mention a price at all probably. A lot of "probably" in there, I know.

Yeah, that's the new Galactica, and I think it looks decent, just different, not "worse" unlike SOME people who can't accept CHANGE plus it can withdraw the side pods, can the original? NOOOO!

Ooo- that's kinda' nifty

Eh- I am sure someday I'll get hooked on the new Galactica Series...

Just not right now

ADAMA FOREVER!

(But change is good )

Personally, I have to say I like all the upcoming SW Titaniums- except the figures. Mostly I don't like them because it's just like the unleashed stuff, they look cool but the price is too much for me to justify it. Especially since these are much smaller than the Unleashed...

Though that 501st one will be very tempting. >_<

Hopefully that blue A-wing will lead to further concept and EU paintjobs. I'd like to see a titanium A-wing in the green paintjob!

Nice to see though that while they're using repaints they're also making new much needed ships like the Interceptor. I wonder if we'll be getting a Biker Scout and Leia on the speederbikes.

I'm really disappointed though, I was hoping to see the StarGate titaniums.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker
    Nice to see though that while they're using repaints they're also making new much needed ships like the Interceptor. I wonder if we'll be getting a Biker Scout and Leia on the speederbikes.
    We already have a Biker Scout on a speederbike. That's the version currently in stores. They also have a speederbike w/ Leia on display at Toy Fair. So we'll have all three in the end.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm