Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: real or not

real or not

Take a look at this Boba Fett that I found on Ebay...
    Link

What do you think? A real error or someone making an error?

LS27
    Last edited by Kidhuman; 02-12-2006 at 05:07 PM.
    Galactic Heroes are like real Star Wars figures only smaller and less scary.
    [center][i]Living is Easy with eyes closed.[/i][/center]
    There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Chuck Norris allows to live.

Its possible since they had made them prior like that, but then again, they could have opened it up and replaced it with an error version.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I had a VOTC Boba Fett that didn't have an emblem on his shoulder (I didn't find that out until after I opened it). So I guess it's a pretty common error for figures with very detailed paint jobs.

I had a piece of toast with the face of the virgin Mary in it!
    Wanted; loose or sealed
    Blue Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter (Not Anakin's), TRU Y-Wing, TRU Gold Leader X-Wing

It's common for Fett to have errors like missing emblems or missing the black paint for the T visor. I don't think theres a single Hasbro Fett figure that didn't have at least one of those happen.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I wouldn't be surprised if this were real, and it's definitely not a repack from a different Fett 'cause this is the only one with that specific missile button, the others had the round version. Now, they could have taken out the figure and altered it, but the tray isn't mangled at all, still they could have been careful or something - not showing the whole sealed package doesn't help their case - but I suspect it's not bullcrap.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

what kills me is that the auction ended for $10 bucks (probobly 3-4 buck more than he paid for it) and the reserve was not met, he probobly thought he was gonna get 40-50 dollars for it. EBAY scalpers are tools!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]It's Beer!! Hooray Beer!!![/FONT]

I was wondering because there are SO many Fetts with errors on the figures. That would lead me to believe that:

a) This is just another error with Fett

b) This guy knows that and took advantage of that knowledge to change the figure.

Makes me wonder what this guy wants for this thing??

LS27
    Galactic Heroes are like real Star Wars figures only smaller and less scary.
    [center][i]Living is Easy with eyes closed.[/i][/center]
    There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Chuck Norris allows to live.

Ok, now that one looks waaaay fake for some reason. The 2 colors of red don't look like they even match up!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!