Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

W: The key to existence

I was taking the kids to school this morning and our discussion revealed a disturbing truth...the difference between everything and nothing is the W.

Consider: Whole vs. Hole

In the first, you have everything. All inclusive.

In the second, there is absence.

Now, to have a "hole," you must have "something" surrounding the "absence" itself to define the hole. There must be lines and borders which means that there is "something." In other words, Whole vs. Hole is not the difference between everything and nothing. Rather, it is Everything vs. Something is Missing.

All because of the W.

But what about the other languages?
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Quote Originally Posted by James Boba Fettfield
    But what about the other languages?
    was andere Sprachen?
    qué otras idiomas?
    ce qui d'autres langues?
    che cosa altre lingue?

Well, it only works in English with whole and hole. Say if we looked at the Spanish equivalents of whole and hole. I don't think the w theory holds true in that case.

You're not thinking fourth dimensionally. Wait, no, that quote doesn't fit this situation.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I'm waiting for the inevitable reference to Dubya.

Wait, I think by saying that, I just made the inevitable reference!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Oh boy, this is gonna turn into a rancor pit thread real quick!!
    Wanted; loose or sealed
    Blue Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter (Not Anakin's), TRU Y-Wing, TRU Gold Leader X-Wing

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I'm waiting for the inevitable reference to Dubya.

Wait, I think by saying that, I just made the inevitable reference!
    I thought it was about G Dubs as well after reading the title and seeing who the author was.

I have to admit, I refrained from the reference multiple times.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

but you're only applying earthly physics to the issue. there isn't a 'must' about anything unless we apply our human generated laws to nothing versus something. from a non earthly point of view it may well be possible to have nothing without having something around it. Lordy we've barely made it past ten planets in a small galaxy in a vast universe of other galaxies. I think must is a very tiny way of looking.
    but then I'm talking through a veil of natural herbal substance smoke, so what do i know huh, WHAT? damn kids......

Waffles are everything. It begins with W too.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten