Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

An open letter to Mick Jagger

Mick,

Please stop embarassing yourself.

Seriously. It's time to throw in the towel. I don't mind if you go back into the studio to record new Stones stuff occasionally, but please don't record any of your solo drivel. And, for God's sake, never ever appear in public again.

Your place in history is assured. You will never reach the heights of classics like "Sympathy for the Devil" and "Paint It, Black." And you can rest easy knowing that very few people will attain such greatness.

But when you drag your half-rotting carcass onto stage and give limp performances of that stupid "Start Me Up," which is beyond cliche now, and further make "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" overplayed, you're a Pete Townsend-class embarassment to yourself and humanity in general.

If you must be seen by your fans, please lose the orthopedic shoes and old man sweats. Your British Invasion anthems demand a well-dressed deliquent, and you've been neither for years. Decades, even. We all considered putting you in a retirement home when you recorded "Miss You," and "Anybody Seen My Baby" actually made us go in to sign the papers. But even they refused to have you when you sold out completely and allowed Queen Elizabeth to dub you a knight. Sir Mick Jagger? That's just wrong, man.

So, in summation, please spend the rest of your days as a happy old hermit and don't besmirk the name of the Stones further. If nothing else, by remaining out of the public eye, you'll not have to be seen wearing the inch-thick bifocals you no doubt are wearing to read this message.

Thank you,
    El Chuxter, on behalf of Rolling Stones fans everywhere
    Tommy, close your eyes.

p.s. Mick if you do end up doing a tv gig, please please please wear a shirt that fits you. DON'T wear a short shirt that Britney Spears would wear.

ya that was sad, at first I couldn't tell if it was the Stones Halftime Show or the trailer for Cocoon 3
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]It's Beer!! Hooray Beer!!![/FONT]

How Dare You!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mick Jagger is is one of the greatest rock n roll legends of all time. He's better then any lame brain artist of today. He has earned the right to wear any clothes he wnats and doesnt have to take any crap from you. Honestly some people. I realy enjoyed the Rolling Stones half time show and Paul Mccartney's half time show last year. Id rather watch these guys again and again then watch another Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction. As a final word lay off Mick Jagger and let him be who he wants to be damn it.

You're trying to say that these Stones are looking a bit mossy?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    But when you drag your half-rotting carcass onto stage and give limp performances of that stupid "Start Me Up," which is beyond cliche now, and further make "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" overplayed
    "START ME UP! ...no I mean it man, the old tickers not workin'. Please start me up!"

Me? I love the Reanimator version of the Stones. Gives me some hope for the future... not that I'll be playing the half-time show when I'm 120 years old. (Not that they should have been playing the cra**y half-time show either. What a l-a-m-e gig.) I didn't watch the show actually, did he stop mid number and shout, "Hey eve-bodde! The brains of the living eases the pain of being dead! So get up here and dance! -- I know you're out there, 'cause I can smell your BRA-A-AINS!"

Yeah El Chuxter, leave poor old sensitive-little-bunny Mick Jagger alone! You're bound to hurt his little feelie-weelings and make him sady-wad. "Sniff-sniff -- all I've got to wipe my tears with is this gazillion pound note, mate. So lay off!"
    plasticfetish.net

Wow. Such hostility.

For the record, I love the Stones. I have a dozen or so of their albums, and they're easily one of the best bands of all time. But they haven't been cutting edge since Some Girls, and most of their work since has been spotty and seems forced. They've redeemed themselves with A Bigger Bang, which kicks all sorts of arse.

But they're no longer an exciting performance to watch. How many times can you hear a mediocre live version of "Start Me Up" before you get bored?

And to watch Mick half-heartedly try to act out the "bad boy" persona now is just sad. Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Paul Simon, Brian Wilson, they're all old, but they don't embarass themselves the way Mick does.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Please, I would have rather had a funky wardrobe malfunction, or better yet the Verve singing their Bittersweet Lawsuit Symphony an Mick would still get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds
    p.s. Mick if you do end up doing a tv gig, please please please wear a shirt that fits you. DON'T wear a short shirt that Britney Spears would wear.
    Any more, I think I'd rather see Mick wear a tube top than that moo cow Britney.

As for the Stones, I've never been a fan (even though I respect the hell out of a group with their fanbase and staying power), and that "performance" at the Super Bowl was a joke. If Keith Richards looked any less inspired he'd be dead, and that that's saying something.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Wow. Such hostility.
    For the record, I love the Stones. I have a dozen or so of their albums, and they're easily one of the best bands of all time. But they haven't been cutting edge since Some Girls
    No, no real hostility... just kidding around, and for the same record, I'm a big fan also. I agree that the Stones are one of the greatest bands of all time, but I don't care much for anything that they've done since Tattoo You.

I'd like to get excited about A Bigger Bang (I'll give it a listen) and I'd like to see them in concert, but with tickets going for $200 it's not likely to happen. It's hard for me to be respectful of greed like that.

I've more respect for someone like Bob Dylan who seems to use his later years for more interesting and experimental offerings.
    plasticfetish.net

I love the stones and all, but I wanted to shoot Mick for that performance.

And yes PF he said "Hey Ev-er-e-bod-eeeeee", but not the part about the brains. If he did, I was comatose from the performance.....
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten