Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What's next for .45 mini-sabers?

I'm not really hip to all this, I just finally decided I had to have them after seeing the Toy Fair coverage of the mini-blasters and knowing I had to have those and if I had to have them, I had to have sabers too so I rushed out and bought a couple off ebay . But what's up on deck next for the sabers? I know they just showed off Qui-Gon's mini, should be decent, so what else? Have they announced or hinted at anything?

I'd like to see Vader's ESB saber, they have the ROTS and ANH sabers on the site already, but not ESB or ROTJ (though I think the ROTJ is a kinda unappealling version).

Also, they no longer even have up the Obi-Wan AOTC, released too long ago I suppose, but I'd love to see the Obi-Wan TPM version which is brushed aluminum instead of the chrome of AOTC's, and has a few other small different details.

I'm bummed that they did Maul's full saber as their club exclusive, makes it tough to get on ebay, nearly a hundred bucks and not many of them.

There's a few other sabers they still haven't done like Mace's Ep 1 saber and secondary characters, so I know there's still life in this line. Hopefully there will be some more new ones soon.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Got into the minis ey JT? :lipsrseal

I'm kinda curious to see where the future of the scaled replicas is going to go.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Oh definitely, I finally realized that one of my passions for SW is props and especially lightsabers and if I can't afford the full-sized ones, I better get collecting these now while I still have a chance to get 'em.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Got into these this year also. Dig them! Did manage to get the Maul Saber but I wish that the case was big enough to put it into. Oh, well.

My vote is for a full DMaul mini, an ROTJ Luke saber mini and ANH Solo blaster mini. You know what else would be cool? - a mini Force FX line. Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by FalconFreak
    My vote is for a full DMaul mini, an ROTJ Luke saber mini and ANH Solo blaster mini. You know what else would be cool? - a mini Force FX line. Hmmmm.
    Full Darth Maul mini - already done as 2005 Collector's Society exclusive, but hopefully we'll see it mass-released (with a few very slight cosmetic changes to differentiate it from the exclusive)

Luke ROTJ mini - already done

ANH Solo blaster - forthcoming (check out the Toy Fair MR pics)
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Well, I received the ones I ordered off ebay already, here are my thoughts on them:

Master Replicas .45 Scaled Replicas Luke Skywalker ROTJ Lightsaber - I actually have a full-sized, non-licensed, fan-built Luke ROTJ saber that I got just before MR came out which is almost perfect, yet MR's mini is even more accurate. They got all the shapes right, the neck, the upper body, the activation box with its green and red clear arrow buttons, even the pommel and triangular D-ring. The only issues are that the faux screws stamped into the tiny plate with the green and red buttons aren't real screws, and they painted their copyright on the bottom (subtly tho'). I am very happy with this for the $27 I paid.

Master Replicas .45 Scaled Replicas Darth Maul Battle Damaged TPM Lightsaber - If I couldn't have the full saber, I'd damn well have the half-sized halved version. The saber is a little thicker than Luke's and heavier, it has more details and the LEDs on the sides of the real saber are accurately portrayed ont his one. The paint is very nice except for a few spots where the clearcoat finish seems to be missing, maybe this is battle damage but I suspect it's a manufacturing issue. The copyright is on the emitter but isn't blatant. The activation buttons are properly knurled, the covertec belt-attachment disk is representing with a tiny screw holding it in place rather than just cheap glue. The black sections of the body are actually fat rubber O-rings which is very clever. The real prize of this piece is the back, it's been cut like in the movie, cut on a slight bias and darkened, inside there is an orange crystal and some other goodies, a really fantastic little piece of detail. Unfortunately, there isn't quite enough to buy another of this and put it together to make the whole, but this is still a very nice saber on its own.

I really want MR to do a TPM Obi-Wan - it's aluminum instead of chrome like the AOTC one they already put out. It doesn't look like anybody knows what else to expect from this line beyond the 2 blasters and the Qui-Gon mini, I was kinda hoping there might be some news or rumors.

Hey jeditricks, why wont you buy another maul to make a full one?

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough in my comment, it's not that I wouldn't, it's that it's not possible, there's not enough of this saber half to make the full saber, they designed it so the center section required is part of the "missing" half.