FedEx man just handed me ...

My scaled New Hope Luke Skywalker mini saber.

It's going next to my full size ICONS Skywalker new hope saber replica.

On first glance, the luke mini is awesome, brushed finish, spring-loaded button at the top, which is a very nice touch, like the springloaded button on the vader saber,,, if you have this mini and haven't noticed, it's the small black button furthest from the D ring on the emitter.

Anyway, back to the Luke mini, The only thing i notice that's not the same as the icons saber is the D ring placement,, on my Icons saber, the D ring pivot is more to the edge of the cylinder than the center, like on the mini. Anyone know which one is screen accurate?

All in all, I love this mini. it's one of my favorites next to the Weathered Obi wan, and the Vader New Hope.

Why is it that all the New Hope sabers are my favorites? i just love the way they're assembled from parts, instead of the mass produced look.

happy collecting all, and let me know your thoughts on the d ring luke issue.
    -------------------
    www.nonentity.com

They put the D-ring in the center on the full-sized ANH Elite Edition as well. In ESB, it's definitely at the outer edge, but I know they changed the prop for ESB in other ways so they could have changed this as well. MR generally doesn't get these sorts of details wrong, if it's on an LE version I kinda think they know what they're talking about. I just checked the movie, it's hard to see because it's not featured in close-ups, but it does look like it's in the middle, it even dangles like it's centered.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ok, Thats kind of what i was thinking, but I don't have the movie on tap, so I couldn't check on it.

Does anyone out there know if any of the other mini sabers have springloaded buttons or moving parts other than the few D rings I see on some minis?

I thought the pushbuttons on the luke and vader mini were a nice surprise.
    -------------------
    www.nonentity.com

just came home and my Vader FX and Mini were here waiting for me!

After some really horrendous shipping problems though I was back and forth on the phone from fedex and MR and I got treated really badly by MR's customer service,, I guess the rumors that they are going downhill are true. I am really sad tho, I love MR, but their customer service was a horrible experience this time around.

Anyway, this vader FX is my first one, and MAN I love it!! I only wish it had a volume control.,, or a volume on/off switch.
    -------------------
    www.nonentity.com

nahh, you dont want any of that Sloth. If the Jedi dont get it -you dont either!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Well, that's ok I guess, I only wanted volume controls cause I thought my wife might be annoyed at the sounds,,

turns out that after playing with it for a little bit, she wants one too!

How cool is it to have a wife that wants a Force FX!
    -------------------
    www.nonentity.com

So what happened with the shipping, and what did MR do wrong?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well Fedex just handed me a surprise package...

I opened it up and inside was a Darth Vader EpIII scaled mini and a letter from MR informing me that due to quality control issues, they are sending out free scaled minis to customers who ordered one of the Darth Vader Studio Scale helmets with their compliments.

Thanks a lot MR!!! That was a very nice surprise!

Once again, MR proves they have first class customer service and products!

That was very nice of them to do! Thanks for the update decadentdave!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett