Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SDCC Exclusive Mini-Bust Revealed...Shocktrooper!!!

Here we go, direct from GG's site:

Wizard World East June 2-4
    2006 Tour Exclusive Darth Vader Bust-Up

San Diego Comic Con July 19-23
    Deluxe Shock Trooper mini bust and Bust-Up
    Death Eater mini bust Lucius Malfoy
    Clash of the Titans rotocast figures 3-pack autographed by Ray Harryhausen

Gen Con Indy 2006 August 10-13
    Mara Jade mini bust

Oh boy, this is going to be a real ****storm. I'm dreading San Diego, but now I know I have to go. Crap. At least the Vader bust-up sounds like it'll be a con exclusive, not just exclusive to Toy Fair.

Anyone going to Gen Con and can pick me up a Mara Jade bust, I'd really appreciate it.

Here's the link:

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/news/?id=51
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

I knew it I knew it!!! Dude can you believe this crap? So I guess we will be driving there on Preview night.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Oh man, this sucks... but we knew it was gonna happen, right? Can I hitch a ride with you guys to SDCC?

I guess I'll have no choice but to find an online source for the Mara Jade.... I'll post if I find any pre-orders or anything.

If we really go I don't see why not. Here's the thing to think about. Is it really worth going? It will cost 60 to get in the Con, X amount for Gas, 50 for the bust and Time. If we can get the bust for around 100 on the secondary market it might be better just to do that. No matter what happens I will be going Saturday. We just have to figure out if we should buy the full week pass or just one day, but to get in on pre view nite we have to buy the 60 pass.
    (Like my posts)

Registered
    I used to live in Chicago but now reside in TN
    If anyone is going to either of the conventions, i would gladly pay cost plus more if you could pick up one each of the Shocktrooper and Mara Jade busts.I also have one of the Han Solo in Stormtrooper disguise busts that is for trade. Or even if you know someplace that will sell them online after the show. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

GG Busts

Turbo, Reefer, Snaggy etc...

I'm going to SDCC for sure. I get in for free every year (pro pass). I go with like five people every year who could care less about GG, so my odds will be decent to get a bust or two.

So... if I can score any extra exclusive shocktroopers, I will share the wealth if you guys strike out. Hopefully, I will score at least a couple... but a couple years ago... I didn't even get one single Luke as Stormie. What a crock!

I also, will need help with the Mara Jade.

The one thing about GG busts, they usually show up in force on "certain sites" right after the event. And then the price usually dips. There's always a "reasonable" deal there if you're patient.

Quote Originally Posted by swabie2424
    Turbo, Reefer, Snaggy etc...

I'm going to SDCC for sure. I get in for free every year (pro pass). I go with like five people every year who could care less about GG, so my odds will be decent to get a bust or two.

So... if I can score any extra exclusive shocktroopers, I will share the wealth if you guys strike out. Hopefully, I will score at least a couple...
    I'm holding you to this Swabie!!!!
    (Like my posts)

If you can include me on that list too swabie, tha'd be great! But hopefully you'll at least get one yourself. Be brave. Fight hard!

I put a note on the MR Blog to please allocate plenty on the side for Collector's Club Members.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

More Thoughts

Hopefully GG/SDCC has figured out a way to meet the demand of this bust. And by "figured out a way" I don't mean:

Only making 2500 or less
    Having a stupid *** raffle where scalpers are charging you $20 for a ticket
    Letting crap *** scalper companies like Brian's Toys buy 200 of them

They need to implement a system where your badge gets punched after you purchase the clone. One or two purchases per person, per day. Sell whatever's left thru GG's Collector Club or SWS.com. Simple.

Now, the question remains: What's gonna be the SWS.com exclusive? I'll take a guess and say...Commander Gree.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]