Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1

    Utapauan Clone Trooper release changed?

    I was wondering about this, seeing as how it's not listed on Hasbro's website with the rest of the Geonosis wave, and I'm seeing it listed as "out of stock" on sites even though it was only a pre-order (granted, there could have been a ton of pre-orders for this). Considering it was shown alongside Cody at toy fair, is it possible we won't be seeing this one hit until the Cody wave (which would make more sense)? Just wondering.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by tagmac
    I was wondering about this, seeing as how it's not listed on Hasbro's website with the rest of the Geonosis wave, and I'm seeing it listed as "out of stock" on sites even though it was only a pre-order (granted, there could have been a ton of pre-orders for this). Considering it was shown alongside Cody at toy fair, is it possible we won't be seeing this one hit until the Cody wave (which would make more sense)? Just wondering.
    Ummm...no. I've got 2 of them sitting right next to me so it's definitely out.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

  3. #3
    But it was released out of order. I bought a C3PO and the Utapau Clone is not shown in the back of the package. So to answer your question, the release date must have been changed, but like Slicker said, it's out.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuuuuuke
    But it was released out of order. I bought a C3PO and the Utapau Clone is not shown in the back of the package. So to answer your question, the release date must have been changed, but like Slicker said, it's out.
    Yeah, it is out of order. The Geo. wave ends at #21 (Scorch) and the Utapau Clone is #26.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

  5. #5
    Ahh well.....guess I shoulda' pre-ordered it then. Doubt i'll ever see it in stores, so I guess it's gonna be ebay for me, like with the Shocktrooper.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tagmac
    Ahh well.....guess I shoulda' pre-ordered it then. Doubt i'll ever see it in stores, so I guess it's gonna be ebay for me, like with the Shocktrooper.

    The next wave 4 should have 2 of it in a case, so it will be released again. There was only one trooper and one scorch in the wave 3 case, that is why they are more difficult to find. Yeah, they did release it out of order, but it should return again in the next Coruscant wave.(at least that is what I am counting on.) If you check Entertainment Earth, they have pre orders for cases so that is where I see 2 uta clones in the next wave case. Case closed.

  7. #7
    In a way that was kinda' smart. Put out a limited first wave to catch the die hards & scalpers early, then release them in greater quantities so that everyone else has a shot. Sort of what they did with the #41 clone - tough to find in it's first wave, but soon became a brief pegwarmer.

  8. #8
    I've found a bunch already, and if more are on the way, I wouldn't resort to ebay yet.

  9. #9
    They probably changed the release date to coincide with Cody, but I doubt it will make much difference. Many people have reported them on the shelves already. Besides, it's hard to change a date for action figure releases. They don't have firm dates like DVDs, games, or CDs. They show up when they show up.

    EDIT: Hey, this is post 1138 for me!! Wonder if that means I'll win a limited edition Robert Duvall as Lobot figure??
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

    Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by tagmac
    In a way that was kinda' smart. Put out a limited first wave to catch the die hards & scalpers early, then release them in greater quantities so that everyone else has a shot. Sort of what they did with the #41 clone - tough to find in it's first wave, but soon became a brief pegwarmer.
    That might work in a movie year, but I have seen the Genosis wave at least 4 times and each time the two Troopers and Scorch were gone. If you don't arrive first when they stock the pegs, those three will be gone. Unlike any other '06 figure so far, the Utaupan Trooper is an army builder, and Scalper's delight. Good thing I ordered the Genosian wave from EE. I may have a hard time building even a small army. I will keep trying though.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO