I can't make up my mind

Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting my first LE. It's either going to be a Luke ANH or Anakin ROTS. It's hard for me to decide. Anybody have any thoughts on which one I should get?

I would say it depends on your preference with sabers. With Anakin's ROTS saber, you'll get a very polished, sleek, futuristic weapon...but some fans feel that it looks too mass-produced. With Luke's ANH saber, you'll get something more in the opposite...something that looks handmade but more crude.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Maxu3x
    Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting my first LE. It's either going to be a Luke ANH or Anakin ROTS. It's hard for me to decide. Anybody have any thoughts on which one I should get?
    In Star Wars lore, the ANH version was "the first" lightsaber ever to be seen by human eyes. The one that started it all. It's why lightsabers are what they are today. - Just to consider.

I'd go with the Luke ANH lightsaber. As FalconFreak said, its the first lightsaber anyone ever sees -its pretty iconic. The Anakin ROTS lightsaber will be around a little while -so you can pick that up later.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

The Anakin is imitating the Luke one, so if it's not about historical or OT vs PT, then you have to ask yourself what kind of elements you want on your saber: do you want clean, new elements like the etched-board activation plate and covertec button belt connector, or classic, junk-based elements like the calculator-display-bubble activation plate and dangly D-ring? For me, I love the Luke version and don't care for the Anakin version, like Sith Lord said, I think the Anakin ROTS saber seems too mass-produced with its knurled activation-box's band and clean parts, plus Luke's is the very first lightsaber we ever saw.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

After two months of consideration and much thought I got my first LE which is Anakin ROTS. This thing is much heavier than I thought. I thought the same about the minis. I felt like both a jedi and a sith lord when I held it. Before it arrived I hoped that it wouldn't be damaged with many deep scratches. When I looked at it I did notice some small scratches that aren't too noticeable but I guess that this must happen to all LEs. One can only hope that they are small scratches that can't be noticed. Do the LE collectors agree about this scratch issue?

I never had any scratch issues on the saber itself...I have only had glue issues and went through 3 Yoda LE display cases before just giving up...they all came with hairline scratches and a dent on one side???