OK, here it is: how I'd have released Saga 2:
Carkoon Wave (making it more Jabba's Palace concentrated):
1) R2D2 Lightsaber Launch - totally redone and sculpted right
2) Sgt. Doallyn
3) Woof (vintage Klaatu, green Nikto wearing lambskin)
4) Battle Damaged Boba Fett (removeable helmet, Sarlaac scorched)
5) Ultimate Luke Jedi (removeable plastic vest over DSII Luke)
6) Princess Leia Boussh (as is, I guess)
1) Mjr. Derlin (as is)
2) Gonk (as is)
3) General Veers (totally wouldn't change a thing! Awesome!)
4) Snowtrooper (as is, I guess)
5) Torryn Farr (female Hoth ion cannon operator)
6) Darth Vader (as is, I guess)
7) AT-AT Driver (as is, I guess)
8) Wes "good shot" Janson (snowspeeder pilot, Rogue Squadron)
1) Sora Bulq (good choice)
2) Sun Fac (interesting)
3) Scorch (OK going here I guess)
4) Utopau Clone (smart to release an army-builder like him early)
5) Baltar Swan (Jedi)
6) Yoda (I guess...)
7) Jango Fett (I guess...)
8) Battle Droid (can you make a complete one out of the parts included with C-3PO?)
If the last part is true, maybe C-3PO wasn't such a bad idea after all since folks could army build their battle droids with that figure if they still needed to.
Basic figures that always need to be made for newbies, etc. include:
Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie, R2, C-3PO, Vader, Troopers, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Lando
Maul, Qui-Gon, Padme, Anakin, BattleDroids, Jango, Dooku, Grievous, Mace, Boba Fett etc.
I tried to do that above where applicable.
Han Carbonite should have made a great deluxe figure finally done right.
Yoda could be made with his E3 escape pod ship also as a Deluxe and Bariss SA could replace him in the Geonosis Wave.