Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Inconsistancy with Sabers

Can someone explain to me why the lightsabers that obi wan and ankain fight count dooku with in attack of the clones is different than the ones MR has offered? They show a close up of those hilts during the battle and they're totally different than the "popular" hilts.

hehe thats an easy one. It's because those are not obi and anakins personal sabers. Obi apparently loses his lightsaber when he is captured by dooku, and anakin gets his smashed in the droid factory. Then when the arena battle happens, the other jedis toss them two generic jedi sabers to fight with. that is what they are using when they fight dooku.

Thanks nash! Easy question, easy answer.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

There's a few lightning-quick shots in the Dooku battle where you can see they're using the sabers they had in the beginning of the movie because at that point in filming Lucas hadn't rewritten it so the hero sabers were gone.

As for why Obi-Wan's saber shows up momentarily in ROTS' Dooku battle... that's a mystery.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Obi wan's saber in ROTS isn't the saber he lost in AOTC is it? What saber are you talking about jeditricks?

In ROTS, Obi-Wan has a new lightsaber that is reminiscent of the one he uses in ANH (supposed to be the same one, I guess), but while most use the correct saber there are a couple quick scenes in the Dooku fight in ROTS on the Invisible Hand where you can see Obi-Wan is using his AOTC saber.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    In ROTS, Obi-Wan has a new lightsaber that is reminiscent of the one he uses in ANH (supposed to be the same one, I guess), but while most use the correct saber there are a couple quick scenes in the Dooku fight in ROTS on the Invisible Hand where you can see Obi-Wan is using his AOTC saber.
    I didn't notice any other shots, but in the ones where Anakin goes to get Obi-Wan ("His fate will be the same as ours"), it's painfully obvious that it's his TPM/AOTC saber design -- you can see the red button and other marks.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

It's hard to believe you noticed that AOTC saber. That movie shows the obi wan rots hero prop like a million times.

Does anybody know if obi wans saber in rots is the same one just modified in ANH?

It's supposed to be. Meanwhile, I hate those large, rectangular power switches. (See my bloody-handed- Vader saber post). There needs to be an Obi-Wan TPM Force FX saber. That would solve all my problems!

I'm super fast with my forms. I just need to learn how to only injure my opponents and not myself with my own saber! The dumb-nuts (Anakin, Vader, Obi-Wan by Episode 3, even Luke - though he was a bit smarter - just a little bit) don't know how to make lightsabers! I guess this was a skill Obi-Wan just lost after AOTC? He once knew how to make a darn good weapon!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.