Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don Knotts dead

Don Knotts dead

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060225/...tv/obit_knotts

He was 81, I actually thought he was even older. One of the most well-recognized character actors of the last 50 years, Knotts brought humanity to his doofy sidekick deputy Barney Fife on "The Andy Griffith Show", as well 5 years as Mr Furley on "Three's Company", and starred as the sometimes-animated Incredible Mister Limpet - whose avatar Chux has been rockin' the last few days.

Anyway, it's a sad loss, Don Knotts did a lot of fun cameos and his death is a sad loss.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wow, I thought he was dead already. Tis a sad loss in the comedy world.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Wow. Knotts was one of those actors who was so iconic that you can't help but feel like you've been run over by a Mack truck carrying anvils when you hear that he's no longer with us.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

What odd timing, especially after that Limpet discussion in the bargain dvd thread.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

may he rest in peace, one of the truly classic comedy actors. don knotts was a great heart.
    later
    and We're back in 3..2.. ..
    [FONT=Arial]"The streets will flow with the blood of the nonbelivers!" Corn Julio[/FONT]
    "Same as it Ever was.." repeat as neccessary..

Quote Originally Posted by James Boba Fettfield
    What odd timing, especially after that Limpet discussion in the bargain dvd thread.
    Yeah, I bet now you feel bad for saying you hated it, right?

It's okay. KH hates The Andy Griffith Show. Personally, I can't imagine how anyone can hate anything Don Knotts was in. Except maybe Three's Company.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 02-25-2006 at 06:05 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

He was a great actor....I always loved him on Three's Company and that wide-eyed look on his face....My mom always watches Andy G at night too...
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Yeah, I bet now you feel bad for saying you hated it, right? It's okay. KH hates The Andy Griffith Show. Personally, I can't imagine how anyone can hate anything Don Knotts was in. Except maybe Three's Company.
    "Das Limpet!" How can anyone hate that movie?

No big shock that he's passed, but it's still a bummer. Growing up, I'd probably watched all of his movies a hundred times during those weekend matinee marathons. It was nice seeing him around every now and then... he'll be missed.
    plasticfetish.net

Very fitting picture considering the news for them both.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	darren&don.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	13516  
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Kind of odd to lose Darren McGavin, Don Knotts and Al Lewis all in the same month. We got a Kolchak Triangle on our hands.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection