Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Utapau Clone package variation

It is a minor one, but my collecting partner tells me that he saw two Utapau Clones with different trays holding the figure. Something about the trays differing with or without holes for the antenna and one of the legs.

This will only matter do those of us who are variation psychos (yes I am).

Can you get pics from them?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I will ask him tomorrow (Monday) if he bought them. If he did, I will get some pics up tomorrow.

Screw the variants!!! I can't even find one!!!! And it's not that I'm not hunting religiously!!! What chain did your friend see them at?!!!
    Wanted; loose or sealed
    Blue Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter (Not Anakin's), TRU Y-Wing, TRU Gold Leader X-Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Bacta Beast
    Screw the variants!!! I can't even find one!!!! And it's not that I'm not hunting religiously!!! What chain did your friend see them at?!!!
    There was no chain involved. He saw them at Frank-n-Scalpers (Frank-n-Sons' Collectbles Show, a big scalper swapmeet) here in Southern California. I believe the city it is in is Walnut (someone who knows for sure where it is help me out, I go there fairly frequently, but I don't pay attention to what city it is in).

I wonder where they found em'. I found the Geonosians at a local Target (I live in Michigan) but the rest of the wave has been so hard to find! Then I start to panic!!!!!!
    Wanted; loose or sealed
    Blue Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter (Not Anakin's), TRU Y-Wing, TRU Gold Leader X-Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Bacta Beast
    I wonder where they found em'. I found the Geonosians at a local Target (I live in Michigan) but the rest of the wave has been so hard to find! Then I start to panic!!!!!!
    They get them from a few places, I am told that some of them used to band together and get them directly from Hasbro, but don't anymore due to not being able to get along). Some get them from Entertainment Earth. Some get them from other people raiding the shelves of the normal outlets, some raid the outlets themselves (only one guy admitted that, and he is actually not there anymore).

I went in there on Wednesday night about 4 or 5 weeks ago and some guy came in with what had to have been 5 or 6 cases of the Geonosis wave based on how many Scorches and Utapau Clones there were. That was before I ever saw one post about the wave being found at retail from anyone, anywhere. There is a popular rumor that this guy has a connection in China, and if that is the case, it seems to come through this guy that brought the figures in to him. Two weeks later, The same guy brought in what must have been 30 cases or more (once again, counting Scorch and the Utapau Clone). He was selling the Clone and Scorch for 20 and 25 dollars and sold them all out almost immediately.

I was also told that there is a Hasbro employee at the show frequently. Who seems to be able to help guys out with small things, not necessarily new waves of figures, but like general information about releases, and occasionally, parts for broken items.

Yeah, I read about this over on RS. I don't think they had pictures last I knew either.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cruel
    There was no chain involved. He saw them at Frank-n-Scalpers (Frank-n-Sons' Collectbles Show, a big scalper swapmeet) here in Southern California. I believe the city it is in is Walnut (someone who knows for sure where it is help me out, I go there fairly frequently, but I don't pay attention to what city it is in).
    It used to be in Walnut, but when they moved north a block and east half a block way back in the day that was in City of Industry.

BTW, some of the F&S dealers do order from Hasbro, some are scalpers who buy off shelves, and some actually fly their figures in from Hong Kong - there's one guy who flies in from China with the stuff in his luggage, I've seen him arrive from the trip at F&S during the show.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Okay here's pics of the variation. It's tough to see in this pic but the one on the right has the bubble molded around his leg, arm, and antenna. The one on the left doesn't have that I'm assuming for ease of taking it out of the package. The date stamps are: The fig on the right 53531 and the one on the left 60031.

Pics
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!