View Poll Results: Are you collecting the Titanium Series line?

Voters
345. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

108 31.30%
  • Only the 6" Ultra vehicles

15 4.35%
  • Only the 3" vehicles

50 14.49%
  • No

172 49.86%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I'm really into it, loved since it starts last year. I'm getting them because there is no more Action Fleet collection and TItanium is the 2nd best choice.

Currently I'm far to get all the 3" ones and got none of the big ones but plan to do it when extra $$$$$ is available. Already got 2 out of 3 treasure hunts, Vulture Droid, White Tie, pending Clone Wars Gunship.

Only the 3" vehicles. I buy what I like and usually pass on PT vehicles. I'm not interested in the multi-packs with exclusive variants, repaints, or the silver & gold crap. I stopped collecting Galoob's stuff due to that.

The Ultras look okay but they're too pricey for my taste. I saw Slave I recently and it reminded me so much of the Action Fleet version I passed.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Personally, I really dig the 3" line, they're doing stuff they'd never do for the action figures, so I'm surprised to see so many "no" votes and so many people posting here that they like how these things look but aren't getting them because Hasbro is messing up distribution of a different Star Wars line or whatever - I say "buy now or regret it later when you can't", the action figure distribution is permanently ruined by Hasbro, they've proved time and time again that their case assortments will always screw up that 4" figure line whether it's on purpose or not, but their foolish distribution there won't stop me from enjoying a different Star Wars line.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeziks22
    Yeah, I know... just my reason for not wanting them. I have the 6' x 4.5' x 2.5' TRU Falcon display from years back and this thing is actually in scale with the 3 3/4" figures. I couldn't imagine even a 1:84 scale star destroyer.
    I understand, I just wanted anybody who read your post and got the wrong idea that it was somehow feasible and they were just holding off on it for whatever reason to come away with a better understanding of the dynamics of doing a scale line.

Ji'dai, the Ultra 6" Slave I is the same mold as the Action Fleet version, just in case you didn't know.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Personally, I really dig the 3" line, they're doing stuff they'd never do for the action figures,
    That totally does not mean we should stop trying to get the more reasonable vehicles for our 3 3/4" figures: the AT-TE, the TurboTank, Droid Gunship, Swamp Speeder, Wookiee catamarin, and some of the less likely but still (off-scale) possible - the blockade runner (I built one off-scale, I should know), Jabba's sailbarge (I may be building one of those), the star destroyer (ditto). Along with the Sith Infiltrator, Gungan Sub, Padme's couple of ships, Grievous' ship that Obi-Wan takes, etc.

A Star Wars microline barely interests me more than HotWheels. It is the characters (represented by the figures) that interact with this stuff, that makes them so special. Don't lose sight of that guys. I wouldn't let Hasbro think for a minute that I'm satisfied yet. 2005 was a great year. But there could still be more good years. In 1996 we got the Outrider, Snowspeeder, Speederbike, AT-ST etc. with no movie to support it. '95 saw the Falcon start shipping again, Luke's landspeeder, the X-wing reboxed from 1978, and the TIE Fighter (ditto). I know those were re-releases, not expensive new molds as might be the Sith Infiltrator or Grievous' ship, but they sold. Come on, Hasbro!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

That totally does not mean we should stop trying to get the more reasonable vehicles for our 3 3/4" figures: the AT-TE, the TurboTank, Droid Gunship, Swamp Speeder, Wookiee catamarin, and some of the less likely but still (off-scale) possible - the blockade runner (I built one off-scale, I should know), Jabba's sailbarge (I may be building one of those), the star destroyer (ditto). Along with the Sith Infiltrator, Gungan Sub, Padme's couple of ships, Grievous' ship that Obi-Wan takes, etc.
    Hey, if you want to beg brick walls, be my guest, but we all know that Hasbro has foresaken 4"-figure-scale vehicles.

A Star Wars microline barely interests me more than HotWheels. It is the characters (represented by the figures) that interact with this stuff, that makes them so special. Don't lose sight of that guys.
    After seeing the prequels, I can guarantee you that for some of us, it is definitely not the characters that makes this stuff so special.

I wouldn't let Hasbro think for a minute that I'm satisfied yet.
    Says the man who won't buy a full-sized-wing TIE Fighter or new Stormtroopers because he "already has the originals".

In 1996 we got the Outrider, Snowspeeder, Speederbike, AT-ST etc. with no movie to support it.
    Not a single one of those '96 vehicles sold at all, every single one went to clearance, and the Outrider was abysmal. Come to think of it, the '95 orange-boxed vehicles sold poorly too, whose argument are you making, yours or Hasbro's?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Says the man who won't buy a full-sized-wing TIE Fighter or new Stormtroopers because he "already has the originals".
    Like you said, I have these ships. I don't have anything like Grievous' ship or Padme's star yacht.

Not a single one of those '96 vehicles sold at all, every single one went to clearance, and the Outrider was abysmal. Come to think of it, the '95 orange-boxed vehicles sold poorly too, whose argument are you making, yours or Hasbro's?
    I don't know that the vehicles performed poorly or sold well, for that matter. I bought them though, including 6 or more of the original TIE Fighters, and maybe 4 or more X-wings, 3 Falcons, 4 AT-STs, etc. Sure I'm not everybody, but I bet I'm not the only one who was thankful they could buy these again (like they did in the '80's).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Like you said, I have these ships. I don't have anything like Grievous' ship or Padme's star yacht.

I don't know that the vehicles performed poorly or sold well, for that matter. I bought them though, including 6 or more of the original TIE Fighters, and maybe 4 or more X-wings, 3 Falcons, 4 AT-STs, etc. Sure I'm not everybody, but I bet I'm not the only one who was thankful they could buy these again (like they did in the '80's).
    I didn't buy this first round of ships (except the outrider) because they were nearly identical to the vintage versions. I guarantee better sales on new ships and new molds if you throw a figure in with it and have a nice window box to show off the ship and figure. I've got all the ships boxed like this, and the others that have "hidden" pack in figures... but none without pack in figures.

The difference in sales is likely extraordinary when you throw in a pilot/driver for the ship.

For that matter, the Titanium speeder bike (this is what this poll is talking about right?) is cool because it has the pilot right on it. This line would be boosted in my mind if we got titanium pilot/driver figures with each ship even if they were way out of scale with the ship... figures the size of the biker scout (on the Titanium bike) would be an awesome bonus and would make a cool little display. These figures would be like those from the original micro playsets from the 80's.
    Skeeziks22

I don't think we will every be able to get to the days of 80's or late 90's where we had a steady flow of vehicles and what are those things ..... um.....oh yeah playsets. But at right now we have nothing for 2006 that isn't a repaint or straight up repack. I know the cloud car isn't the most exciting ship but there are others Tycho mention that could easily top it. I don't see how it can be such a bad market out there that we can't have one new vehicle in a non movie year for the top selling toy line of the year before. If they try and push another Jedi Starfighter repaint on me before giving me a V-wing they are going to get a Red Foreman foot in the @$$.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Quote Originally Posted by dindae
    I don't think we will every be able to get to the days of 80's or late 90's where we had a steady flow of vehicles and what are those things ..... um.....oh yeah playsets. But at right now we have nothing for 2006 that isn't a repaint or straight up repack. I know the cloud car isn't the most exciting ship but there are others Tycho mention that could easily top it. I don't see how it can be such a bad market out there that we can't have one new vehicle in a non movie year for the top selling toy line of the year before. If they try and push another Jedi Starfighter repaint on me before giving me a V-wing they are going to get a Red Foreman foot in the @$$.
    We are getting the Clone Wars cartoon paint style Gunship for 3 3/4" figures... it's a TRU exclusive, but at least something is coming. Again though, something original would be nice.
    Skeeziks22

Quote Originally Posted by skeeziks22
    We are getting the Clone Wars cartoon paint style Gunship for 3 3/4" figures... it's a TRU exclusive, but at least something is coming. Again though, something original would be nice.
    Exactly another repaint. So far we have Gunship repaint, At-At repaint, Jedi Starfighter repaint, Snowspeeder repaint, and possibly a repack of Vader's TIE. I'm not saying these are bad choices or should not be done. I will get them all except the Vader TIE, but I still think something new can and should be done now when Hasbro can still ride the wave of success ROTS brought.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22