Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1

    Thank You for the Toys R Us Double Packs

    Specifically, thank you for the packs last year that had the AT-TE Tank Gunner, and thank you for the packs this year that have the Tactical Ops Troopers. These packs have been the only way I've been able to get these two hard to find figures.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

    Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-like Menace
    Specifically, thank you for the packs last year that had the AT-TE Tank Gunner, and thank you for the packs this year that have the Tactical Ops Troopers. These packs have been the only way I've been able to get these two hard to find figures.

    Hmm, I need to find that two-pack.

    And yes, thanks Hasbro. That's a good idea. All clone packs would be SO much better. You could easily pack cases of them and keep regular cases for other figs.

    MOVIE accurate clones WILL sell!
    Move along, move along

  3. #3
    I've heard of many a person getting there 501st in these 2 packs. The sucky part is that you get stuck with another figure that you probably don't want. I saw one guy bought 5 of these 2 packs for the 501st and 4 of them had Tarkin.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

  4. #4
    I'm not going to give them any props, the reason these things exist in the first place is due to poor case assortments in the basic line, if they had a better idea of what did and did not sell, they could have kept the basic line alive longer and not needed to discount their leftovers this way.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  5. #5
    I was able to get 4 of these. At least I got 4 Jedi with them. Now if only they would release another 2 pk. with the Shock Trooper and this time put some characters from the last 2 ROTS waves.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I'm not going to give them any props, the reason these things exist in the first place is due to poor case assortments in the basic line, if they had a better idea of what did and did not sell, they could have kept the basic line alive longer and not needed to discount their leftovers this way.
    Well, I really can't say I can argue against that. I am however still both pleased and grateful that they are doing anything about it. I'm doubly pleased that this helps TRU.

    I managed to get two different figures, Shaak Ti and Preggers Padme in the two packs I purchased. Though I already had a Shaak Ti, I originally passed on Padme. It was a very successful toy run, though. All told I got two Tac Ops Troops, an Utapau clone and Sora Bulq. Commander Scorch was (of course) no where to be found. Note to Hasbro: Send more Scorches!
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

    Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

  7. #7
    I dont have a TRU here so bump them. If anyone sees one with the holo Jedi LMK.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

  8. #8
    Unfortunately the TRU's near here are closed down. I tried to hit one on Monday but they are cleared out of merchandise.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-like Menace
    Well, I really can't say I can argue against that. I am however still both pleased and grateful that they are doing anything about it. I'm doubly pleased that this helps TRU.
    You have a point, TRU getting them is good, at least they're making the best of a bad situation, but it still bugs me that the situation is Hasbro's fault to begin with.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  10. #10
    Yeah, I always thought these 2 packs were a way to get rid of over stock. Now if I recall correctly EVERYONE wanted a 501st but no one could find one. So that means that somewhere in a Hasbro warehouse there were thousands of these bad boys just chillin' while collectors were paying $20-$30 apiece for them on eBay.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO